Second Skin Audio

2 sa 12 on sia 3500 wiring

JamesMT326

Can anybody point me to the actual appropriate wiring for the two subs because it has the two terminal set up on the amp even though its monoblock. reading 2 ohms from both sets of terminals off my box. but the subs seem to be hitting at different times? it definitely shows it, i get immense bass. will take a video if i can but if i can just get the right wiring diagram to see if im right ill go from there first. 

used sound ceritified chart initially. wired positive to amp and negative on same side to positive of other, and opposite negative to amp. wired both subs that way. realised i had one sub brand label facing out and one in. so switched the wiring around (same way but on opposite coils) in case somehow the coils couldve been hitting backwards, it initially looked to hit the same, but not longer does. 

did buy the amp off the yard sale but not sure how it can be monoblock but hitting 2 different ways. 

EDIT AGAIN: just went out and tested each individually using phone music. turned all the way up, each had the same level of bass. didnt notice either or off by anything. only when both are in does one seem to overpower the other. i have a video but will post the pictures of my set up. wiring is correct as i stated. 

second thoughts, i have deaf bonce machete rcas ran from a dual outut kicker loc. nothing but a small bass loc. not sure if something could be messed up to where im only getting one output channel? but the out on the sia is supposed to work like an input if both are connected right? if i only have one in its the same seemingly. will have to restest

also used the radio for this test which is why it didnt display the bass well but should be good enough

56F06994-1B45-4518-885A-053875354611.jpeg

10B2B2AC-13C7-4B3A-9C9E-F843990F3BB9.jpeg

On 8/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, Joe X said:

If you wire coils in series (like you say you do) you should be getting 4 ohm for a D2 and 8 ohm for a D4, How are you getting 2 ohm per side?

and you would be right. im getting 4.4 ohm stable each. they are 2 ohm, for some reason with going through everything that day i assume i read the box terminals while it was still wired to the amp. nonetheless its definitely still playing off, as i was bumping today on my way home and looking back its clearly visible. 

7 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

does it sound better or worse when you are only playing one sub at a time?

ill say it definitely sounds lower. there is no quality difference. i uploaded a video to youtube but sadly its using my radio. ill take my alarm iphone out later and play something off it and record. 

Archived