Can somebody help a moron out?

I'm in the process of putting an alarm in my car and.......could use some help. Viper 5706V. The only wiring harness  diagram I have is what I've found on the internet,I'll find the the original,when I won't need it. My issue is the starter interrupt feature,even though this alarm has alot of options I'm only using this as a basic alarm for now. I've put in several alarms in the past but I'm lost here. Can't figure out how to get the starter interrupt,to comply. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. 

In my 2002 Civic, I installed a kill switch by routing the positive lead from the ignition (I had to mechanically remove the ignition from the steering column) through a relay. The turn-on lead for the relay went to my CodeAlarm. This is tricky work but I got it done.

What kind of vehicle is this (year/make/model)?

You may want to order the service manuals for this vehicle. Honda now has two service manuals for most of its vehicles. The main service manual covers everything *except* electrical. The Electrical Service Manual is what you want. It will contain wiring diagrams, harness layouts (including the wire colors), everything. At minimum, you will want to remove the fuse for the SRS (air bag system). You *can* disconnect the battery altogether while poking around but the problem there is you are looking for the 12 volt line in and out of the starter which you need the battery connected to tell you where it is. The ignition switch is in series with the starter relay and it will probably be 12 AWG wire -- thick compared to most of the other factory wires in the bundle.

If you are not comfortable working on automotive electrical, you can probably find someone for $100.00 to fish out that wire for you.

And, no, you are not a moron. Just doing something you have never done before. :)

12 hours ago, EVIL KERMIT said:

The alarm is going on a 1975 Corvette,I have the service manuals. 

Awesome! A much older vehicle will probably be a little easier to fish out the line you want. Obviously no SRS to deal with. I found the following on YouTube that describes working with starter kill circuits:

Archived