Second Skin Audio

CT Sounds Ozone 12 box specs

skervyskalywag

I'm back again 🤣 So I ended up ordering 4 ct sounds ozone 12s and need to make some new boxes again. Looking at the box specs on product page it says 1.65cf each and the port area says 32sqin. Does that seem right? That seems like an awfully lot of port and well over the standard 12-16 per cf. I sent them an email for clarification on it but figured I would ask here. Also wondering if anyone here would throw together a quick simple design for 5 or 10 bucks so i can do it proper this time lol. 

6 hours ago, Joe X said:

Why did you pick those drivers BTW?

Because they have a 20% off deal going this weekend and I got tired of waiting for a deal to get 4 subs going again. Kept me from overspending 800+ on speakers and having to do a bunch of upgrades to run. Im only running 3k and not trying to spend all the extra money to go up to 5k. Honestly immediately had buyers remorse but fug it get it over with and have my full bump back again lol. Every time I go for a drive and have to listen to 2 subs instead of 4 its a temptation to spend more money than I should

11 hours ago, Joe X said:

The question is because these CT Sounds are not all that different than the C2 threatcon 2 you were running, some more power handling is what these have.

I blew one of my c2 😕 Adjusted some stuff and forgot my new top volume was a few notches lower than normal. Cranked it up to my old normal volume on a hard song and opened the hatch to check the sound and figure out which interior parts are rattling. Bam one of em froze up.

3 hours ago, Joe X said:

You could just use your existing box if you want, I know it says 1.65 instead of 2 cubic feet but it's actually a small difference, just keeping subsonic filter to 28-30Hz to avoid going above Xmax.

I planned to. I still wanted to just try their recommended specs for a set and see how it compares

Archived