Walling the 4runner

I’m walling my car and I have a Dc power 270 alt (it’s internally regulated tho 🤔) under the hood along with two down 4 sound ltos 6.0s. I want to build my own lithium bank. I wanna charge at around 15.5v  and get more power out of a wolfram aw9000.1 would it be worth it for cmax or yinlong or just charge at 12 with a headway bank? Would be like a 96ah headway with the project db bussbars. I live in an area with bad winters too

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, arthur.fearon said:

Are the lto 6.0 rated above 14.4? 

14.8 max charge voltage. I’m dropping from 14.8 to 12.5 full tilt! one run of zero gauge from alt to bank and bank is grounded to frame of car. Not sheet metal but literally drilled and tapped into the frame of the car 

36 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

So you want to charge a volt over the capability of the cell ?  Sounds like a fun time. 

…. I never said I wanted to charge at 15.5 with the lto 6.0s or headway bank. That’s only if I choose to run yinlong or cmax which I’d love to but don’t know how my car would respond to running off 15v+. I’d really really like to run yinlong if I can. Seems like they’ll take the cold better than headways and I’m hoping I can get more out of my amp with 15 volts plus. I’ve heard yinlong is more safe than cmax as well

22 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

I agree. I got ripped off. 600 dollars for two of them and they cannot handle my smart bass 5k. Never again

build a 64ah headway bank , will run that smart 5k easily ..  get to it !! , BatteryHookup has the cells for $5 each 😉

2 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

build a 64ah headway bank , will run that smart 5k easily ..  get to it !! , BatteryHookup has the cells for $5 each 😉

I should’ve done that with my current build but I’m doin a rebuild but keeping my doors the same. I’m gonna run a wolfram 9k at half on two plat 18s 6th order w ying long (not sure how many ah yet) 

17 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

I should’ve done that with my current build but I’m doin a rebuild but keeping my doors the same. I’m gonna run a wolfram 9k at half on two plat 18s 6th order w ying long (not sure how many ah yet) 

for Ying Long you'll want ro run 15.3 v, for a 9k , you'll be good with 80ah ( 2 banks of 6 ) each bank of 6 (40ah) will support 5k CLAMPED .. if you choose Headway , 13.8 - 14.6 v , a 96ah bank will support up to 11-12k CLAMPED ..

Archived