Walling the 4runner

18 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

I should’ve done that with my current build but I’m doin a rebuild but keeping my doors the same. I’m gonna run a wolfram 9k at half on two plat 18s 6th order w ying long (not sure how many ah yet) 

wolfram pt 18's or resilient sounds platinum 18's ????

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mattc43 said:

dc power 270, double run of 0 gauge, and double grounds to chassis from battery bank. 96ah headway. Hoping my alternator is enough for that bank

don't know too much about dc power but if it does rated power and puts out power at idle , you should be plenty good  👍

1 hour ago, 02Blazer said:

don't know too much about dc power but if it does rated power and puts out power at idle , you should be plenty good  👍

Dc power makes some expensive alternators! Mine has given me zero issues and installing went just fine. It’s rated to do 200a at idle. It’s just the lithium I have now sucks. Wish I would’ve built my own bank from the start. Would you recommend Coventry industries bussbars or projectdb? 

16 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

Dc power makes some expensive alternators! Mine has given me zero issues and installing went just fine. It’s rated to do 200a at idle. It’s just the lithium I have now sucks. Wish I would’ve built my own bank from the start. Would you recommend Coventry industries bussbars or projectdb? 

project db as they are a little less $ both make nice bars !! DC power alts are expensive , you can get the same performance from CES , Mechman , Autotech ,etc . for hundreds cheaper .

10 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

project db as they are a little less $ both make nice bars !! DC power alts are expensive , you can get the same performance from CES , Mechman , Autotech ,etc . for hundreds cheaper .

Yeah wish I would’ve bought a mechman. I’ll look at project dbs more

I agree there are always cheaper options out there AFTER the fact! Mike Singer would be a good choice on alts also he does make the power edge series designed to do high amp at idle. I haven't gotten mine yet (ordered though) but it's rated for 240a at idle which to me is huge! I ordered 96 headway cells for 192a for a Taramps Bass 15k and Skar 150.4. For the price I would just do 128a for your setup have overhead power and not need it commonly prevents clipping in the long run and can extend amp life.

On 10/5/2022 at 8:22 AM, jmanjr82 said:

I agree there are always cheaper options out there AFTER the fact! Mike Singer would be a good choice on alts also he does make the power edge series designed to do high amp at idle. I haven't gotten mine yet (ordered though) but it's rated for 240a at idle which to me is huge! I ordered 96 headway cells for 192a for a Taramps Bass 15k and Skar 150.4. For the price I would just do 128a for your setup have overhead power and not need it commonly prevents clipping in the long run and can extend amp life.

128ah of headway for just one 9k?? Seems like a lot to me. My Dc power 270 does 200 at idle. I understand what you’re saying by having extra reserve. Never a bad idea 

Archived