Can 1 XS Power Titan8 PWRS5-3400 replace 2 XS Power D3400?

I need more electrical.  I have an Audio Control LC6.1200 and newly added RF T1500-1bd.  I have 1 D3400 and stock alt (150A).  Its a Camaro so battery is already in trunk.

Voltage is dropping to lows 12s, and I've seen high 11s when listening full tilt.  I would like the weight and space savings of Lithium and increased power availability.

So, I was planning to add another D3400 to see how the electrical responds before buying a high output alt.  BUT, is the Titan8 a primary engine starting battery and can it alone support my electrical needs?

The XS Power website is seriously lacking in documentation and any explanatory details.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:37 AM, bigmizzle99 said:

I need more electrical.  I have an Audio Control LC6.1200 and newly added RF T1500-1bd.  I have 1 D3400 and stock alt (150A).  Its a Camaro so battery is already in trunk.

Voltage is dropping to lows 12s, and I've seen high 11s when listening full tilt.  I would like the weight and space savings of Lithium and increased power availability.

So, I was planning to add another D3400 to see how the electrical responds before buying a high output alt.  BUT, is the Titan8 a primary engine starting battery and can it alone support my electrical needs?

The XS Power website is seriously lacking in documentation and any explanatory details.

are you pulling more than 300 amps with that system ? if you are some where around that , just get a high output alt , keep your D3400 and you should be good .

if that is not enough , build a 32 Ah (3200-4000 watts)-48AH(4800-6000 watts) Headway bank to replace that D3400 you have in the trunk and you should have plenty of power , going that route with the Headway bank , you wouldn't need to buy a high output alt

Just keep in mind some people swear you need to delete your battery and just go lithium and others will say you can run agm with headway cells, but not yinglong which is a given as the voltage is vastly different. I can tell you first hand running limitless lithium with stock batt SUCKS! ESPECIALLY in a newer car where it constantly sees 2 different voltages and sends a voltage warning. Headway battery is cheaper, but the alt is probably more beneficial 

1 hour ago, jmanjr82 said:

Just keep in mind some people swear you need to delete your battery and just go lithium and others will say you can run agm with headway cells, but not yinglong which is a given as the voltage is vastly different. I can tell you first hand running limitless lithium with stock batt SUCKS! ESPECIALLY in a newer car where it constantly sees 2 different voltages and sends a voltage warning. Headway battery is cheaper, but the alt is probably more beneficial 

never run LTO with an agm , LTO needs around 15.3 , if running on stock charging you'd really wouldn't get the benifit of the LTO running it that low of voltage . Headway will always be better by itself having the alternator just charging the bank . not trying to maintain the agm also .

Archived