Same thing I’m doin! You recommend a 96ah headway bank for 10-12k watts to me in another post so that’s what I’ll be doin. Yinglong is $$$ and I have an internally regulated alt (Dc 270) and I’d like to keep it simple and run a stout 12v system. Down the road I’m gonna get a single 370 or something externally regulated and run ying long. I’ll be running a wolfram 9k at half and a 600.4 

2 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

getting mine together , gonna go with a 64ah , going to running around 550 amps so the 64ah will handle that easily with a Mechman 240 . if i go with more power , i'll just add more cells !!!

38 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Same thing I’m doin! You recommend a 96ah headway bank for 10-12k watts to me in another post so that’s what I’ll be doin. Yinglong is $$$ and I have an internally regulated alt (Dc 270) and I’d like to keep it simple and run a stout 12v system. Down the road I’m gonna get a single 370 or something externally regulated and run ying long. I’ll be running a wolfram 9k at half and a 600.4 

you'd be good with 96 ah ,  if i upgrade to the amp i want ,  a Deaf Bonce AAB7900.1D , i will go to 96 ah also . got my bus bars for the 64ah already made  , if and when i do go to the 96 ah , i just have to make 2 more of the bigger plates which i already have a template and can make some more . these are 1/4'' 6061 aluminum

20220926_111526.jpg

Would you be willing to make me some I will obviously pay your price. I have seen those same style online but look thinner and cheap. Yours look great. I have been up in the air on mine I have 96 cells so 192a will be running a taramps 15k and skar 150.4.

4 minutes ago, jmanjr82 said:

Would you be willing to make me some I will obviously pay your price. I have seen those same style online but look thinner and cheap. Yours look great. I have been up in the air on mine I have 96 cells so 192a will be running a taramps 15k and skar 150.4.

sorry , just make them for myself , i do them by hand so it's not worth it to me 

15 hours ago, jmanjr82 said:

Totally understand! Where did you get the aluminum?

bought off Ebay ! it was 4 pcs of 6 x 6 x 1/4 6061 aluminum plate , that's enough for a 64ah bank  , for a 96 ah , you would need 6 pcs , but if i go with a 96 ah bank , i will make the plates out of 3/8''plate . the bars i made our of 1/4'' is good for around 774 amps . 3/8 will be good for  1161 amps . the 4mm plates i had gotten (below post ) are good for 487 amps . i wanted more headroom in amperage to be be able to wire below 1 ohm since the amp will pull more current 

15 hours ago, jmanjr82 said:

Totally understand! Where did you get the aluminum?

here's a place i got the 4mm bars/plates from , they now sell 1/4'' plates like the one i made . i used the 4mm plates as templates to make my 1/4'' bars and will use them to make 3/8'' ones    https://www.ebay.com/itm/275316113431

s-l1600 (20).jpg

Archived