Second Skin Audio

2 12” 4cuft box help

OuijaEight

It’s going in a 2010 ford fusion, I’ve measured and should fit just fine, I’ll be adding a double baffle but have it designed for the size of the inside specs mostly, how would the 12s performance be in the box with 64inchs of port and that size of port? Thanks for all the help.. 

The sure way to know if a box will fit on its way inside is building a test cardboard box of the same size, also the port needs to have a minimum clearance same as its width which seems 4.75 inches.

Anyways if you are giving 1500W to each sub you will be getting a port peak airspeed of about 22 m/s which is perfectly fine.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:37 PM, OuijaEight said:

I’ll do that and make sure also, I’ll probably only be running 2000 @ 1 ohm for the subs, so will this be an issue? 

Port noise out the trunk I think is less of an issue to begin with IMO and it will be fine. Are you going to be upset if your box makes port noise a bit at absolute full tilt and only at the port tuning frequency? 

On 10/14/2022 at 6:37 PM, OuijaEight said:

I’ll do that and make sure also, I’ll probably only be running 2000 @ 1 ohm for the subs, so will this be an issue? 

Port area is still good even if you went 2000W each, you would need to set up your subsonic filter closer to tuning and carefully test your subs real world thermal limit to protect them from a mishap though.

On 10/13/2022 at 5:56 PM, Joe X said:

Flimsy box for a 3/4K system and you need to specify what vehicle it's going into to,lastly if you are building outside you need to know if the box can even get inside, typical problem with trunk cars.

Perfect thanks man, appreciate you!

Archived