Sundown Audio

Down4Sound JP63 quit working

Gordoham

Is the protect light on ? Start here. Turn the key off, un-power the amplifer. Remove the load (un-plug the speaker wires) and turn the key back on/power up the amp. While your there, and if you have a meter, check all pos, and neg/ground connections. If the fan comes on and power light is lit, seems those are fine, but...... Do the mentioned and report back. 

20 hours ago, Gordoham said:

😡 Can Somebody help shed some light! This D4S JP6300 went into production mode. And hasn't worked since. It powers up normally fans and all. Just no sound to subs

IMG_20221104_155622120_HDR.jpg

are those some solar batteries you got in that wood case with the down4sound stickers   ???? might not be getting enough current tp that amp if they are solar batteries ...

Edited by 02Blazer

looked those batteries up and they are in fact solar , rv, lawn mower batteries. they have a built in BMS in them that limit discharge to 100 amps output , that's why you don't see anyone use a BMS in lithium car audio battery builds . my suggestion is to get rid of those batteries and get an actual purpose built lithium bank that can support that amp and other amps you are running .  you will need to have a bank (lithium ) to support at least 700 amps for that amp and whatever other amps you are running , i suggest a 96ah Headway bank ..

• 4 months later...

i had a jp63 with similar problem my amp never went into protect but my bass knobs clip light would stay on. amp wouldnt produce any sound. i believe its the bluetooth card for the bass knob. i sent it in to a tech and he said it couldnt be repaired because the card isnt available. i couldnt get a response from down4sound either