Second Skin Audio

2022 frontier box help

toadking90

im needing some help from you much much wiser people...

i want...no i NEED some bump back in my new truck. problem is there's almost zero space...

i did some measuring and the max amount of space in a normal sized box i could do is .333

in a 17x9x7x4 box. wedge shaped.  and i have no idea what to do about a port.

which leads me into the 6.5 group of subs.

my problem is im scared to go through with buying everything and it not sounding good.

is a box that small and little sub able to do what i need?

ive used 8s 12s 15s in my previous vehicles so im worried that the tiny guys wont do me any good...

maybe someone will have an idea or opinion for me.

here is some pictures of what i have to work with and thanks for the read.

1076832533_box1.thumb.jpg.ff9a60804a1ace3260f9ffd506d631a4.jpg1227286252_box3.thumb.jpg.0e46a16e7b26c3c6d4dc8058ca74c7f0.jpg

1088789553_box2.jpg

Assuming you don't want to lose any seats, you can do a number of things like this:

nsf210b-1.jpg

Or do a backseats lift and see what options open up.

Ideally you can lose one seat or delete the backseats altogether and install anything you want.

In any case I do agree with you, some 6" drivers are not going to do it for someone used to large subs.

6 hours ago, Joe X said:

Assuming you don't want to lose any seats, you can do a number of things like this:

nsf210b-1.jpg

Or do a backseats lift and see what options open up.

Ideally you can lose one seat or delete the backseats altogether and install anything you want.

In any case I do agree with you, some 6" drivers are not going to do it for someone used to large subs.

this was my first thought. but getting the shape is almost impossible because the middle bit would be like 2 inches wide and the other side would end up like 4... theres no under seat room in these without fiberglassing the bottom.

cant remove a seat. kid has to go back there, which also kinda eliminates poking the box out. it would get tore up and take away from his leg room.

these little trucks didnt come with much aftermarket sound space.

ill probably just end up going for it and see what happens...

Archived