Toyota Corolla Cross Speakers

connerprince

I just bought a brand new Toyota Corolla Cross but wanted to upgrade the cars audio system. I would max out the volume knob almost everyday leading to distorted music at high volume. I met with one car audio shop that says they're fine they just need an amp and a Hi low converter, and I want to add a sub, but also met with another shop that said they would swap out the speakers and they're made from Taiwan (cheap). Do you think I need to replace the speakers or should the new ones be fine with an amp?

PS. the one shop said they'll do new pioneer speakers an amp and sub for 1100, but the one that just wants to use an amp for the speakers and an amp for the sub would be 1300. Who do you think I should go with? Should I just get the new pioneer speakers?

stock OEM speakers suck !! don't care if they are Bose , harrmon cardan , or other crap . get some decent aftermarket speakers and you can probably get away with running them off the head unit . if your on a budget , get a 5 channel amp to run mids and highs plus a sub or two , that will save on amp cost versus buying two seperate amps and spending money on more wire and amp install fees if a shop is doing it .

On 11/10/2022 at 6:22 PM, 02Blazer said:

stock OEM speakers suck !! don't care if they are Bose , harrmon cardan , or other crap . get some decent aftermarket speakers and you can probably get away with running them off the head unit . if your on a budget , get a 5 channel amp to run mids and highs plus a sub or two , that will save on amp cost versus buying two seperate amps and spending money on more wire and amp install fees if a shop is doing it .

Ok so I don't need two separate amps to run speakers and a sub? Any amps you suggest?

On 11/10/2022 at 8:22 PM, 02Blazer said:

stock OEM speakers suck !! don't care if they are Bose

I dunno about that...

The amplified Bose 10 speaker Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound system that is in my Cadillac CTS is complete crap, and Ive blown the stock sub twice now.

However I just did a simple Alpine Type X 10 inch sub and a Type X 900wrms amp install on a 2015 Porsche Panamera twin turbo with a 14 speaker Bose Dolby Digital 5.1 setup a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped on how well it sounded, crisp highs and rather rich and deep mids, the bass was rather lacking though since I was there to install a sub, but once installed it was great. 
I am still baffled by how shitty my Cadillacs Bose system is but how great the Porsche Bose system was and this was the basic audio option for the Porsche, the higher end option comes with a few more speakers and more power from Burmester.

That being said, it comes down to the car manufacture and how much they want to invest in the "upgraded" audio, and not so much the brand of audio being used such as Bose, because I've never heard a GM vehicle with a Bose system that sounded anything close to this Porsche!

On 11/15/2022 at 8:23 PM, connerprince said:

Ok so I don't need two separate amps to run speakers and a sub? Any amps you suggest?

Deaf Bonce AAK2000.5 , 130 watts x 4 rms @4ohm channel 5 -1 780 watts rms @ 1 ohm ..

Crossfire C7 2200.6 5 channel amp - 125 watts rms @4 ohms channel 5 - 1500 watts @ 1 ohm

Archived