Second Skin Audio

NSv4 Question

water_bear

Just a quick question regarding the NSv4 12. Been trying to reach Sundown by phone and e-mail for a week or so with no luck, so I figured I'd try here. The terminals on my NSv4 12 have started to come loose after about 20 months of use. I reckon it's an easy fix but wanted to know if it could be done without an RMA since this thing is expensive to ship.

@sundownz

55 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

you should be able to reach the hex/allen bolts with a wrench and tighten them, you'll just have to feel around with your fingers since you wont be able to see the best.

Thanks for the info! I just checked and the allen bolts are tight. It seems like the terminal assemblies themselves are coming apart. The one on the same side as the flag sticker is completely separated - you can move it around with your fingers. I'll see if I can find replacement terminals online.

IMG_20221206_133210_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221206_133310_HDR.jpg

I've never seen them just come apart, you had to have hit the speaker wire on the cutout hole of the the box somehow when putting the sub in the box. For what its worth I put my speaker wire through the holes from the backside for this same exact reason, then you're no longer fighting the wire when putting the sub in the box.

I wouldn't buy any ol' terminals off the internet, I would contact sundown and get replacements sent to you. Otherwise the chances are very high that they wont fit properly or bolt right up without having to modify them or worse possibly having to resolder different ends on the tinsel leads that connect to the terminals which then may make the tinsels too short and now your stuck buying recones.

Archived