Using Focal P 20 FSE as midbass in sealed boxes

randyspambox

What's the issue doing this? Their Focal rated frequency response is 35-400 Hz.

Paired with Focal 4" components (110-22,000 Hz) these 8's should be able to handle 60-250Hz with ease and the 4" components taking over above that.

They model in WinISD better than any midbass I've looked at.

Please enlighten me as to why it wouldn't work or sound right- because on paper it looks like the perfect 3 way components.

Well it say 6 to 9 liter sealed box, not easy to install them in your doors I guess, so it will come down to installation, if you can install them in your doors fine, you are all good, also those things won't really act as real subwoofers even if it says they are, you will also need to get subs.

If I were to use those drivers, I would setup a normal sized component set as front stage and use those in the back to play midbass and crossover to the subs at about 60Hz and let subs play below that.

I was not sure what he was asking,.. building a couple small desktop 3 ways, or for the vehicle. All coming down to the install, and what you are doing. Building fiberglassed panels, or what. I bet the out put at 60hz, if thats what your looking for, isnt going to be ALL that either. Not with much power behind them. And to get that low, id be on the upper end of enclosure size myself. But, again, all about what your doing with them.  

Archived