01 sentra 4x sundown 8's build,,, now with 3x 12's

10 hours ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Cool build.  Just curious what are the plans for back seat area just amps or do you have other plans?

amps lithium banks and mids in highs theres a whole back section to that amp rack thats going to go with the bottom section thats im going to do a bunch of stuff with its going to cover the factory trunk to cabin opening im going to build a octagon or oval opening into it  and the mids in highs will go down the sides its hard to explain will make more sense once i get to that part and start building it , its just starting to get warm enough here now i can start doing all the sound deadner and fiberglass work , i also ordered 4x bad ass 12's that will eventually make there way into this build , i finially figured out how to get a 8.2 cf net box into the trunk of this thing  

parts came for my monster 8 test build still cant decide which cone i want to use the tall roll or the mega roll cone 

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

as much as i really wanted to swap to 4 12's its not possible , the box i came up with pysically fits but it has to be built in the trunk , im not going threw all that , so i ended up ordering 3 12's to go in the car and designed a 6.3net cf box that i can get in and out of the trunk of the car the only thing i may change is the port but for now i think im going to stick with the single 10 inch areo port . the 6.3 will be true even after bracing as i just calculated in extra sub displament to make up for the bracing 

tripple 12 box.png

Edited by mel80

• mel80 changed the title to 01 sentra 4x sundown 8's build,,, now with 3x 12's

bought a hseet of osb along witht he ply to build the box , got the osb so i could mock up the box i speced to make sure it fit and didnt need to be changed without having to cut up the expensive wood first i have to slightly adjust the height and depth to be able to get the box in and out of the trunk but yup i should have those 3x 12's in the car soon 

20230410_132121.jpg

20230410_132127.jpg

If you plan to fire the subs (or port) up that is going to turn out bad.

Also it's a great idea to build a test fit box but you do it from cardboard as if you have issues you can resize the box relatively easy and it's much lighter.

Anyways congrats on the persistence, it's been a while but you keep doing more and more.