01 sentra 4x sundown 8's build,,, now with 3x 12's

figured id share my build this is my first build on over 20 years , my last build was 2x alumapro bp-12's built into the cabin of a 89 camaro, 

this build specs out as follows 

4x sundown audio e8 v6's 

built my own 3.6 net cf  slot ported box tuned to 34 hz 

the front doors each are getting 1x 8 inch dayton audio midbass , and 2x 6.5" recoil midranges along with the same in the rear doors 

for all the amps im originally wanted to run 2x jp23's and 2x jp34ab's 

but i ended up deciding to run 4x recoil audio red 1200.1 for the subs ( 1 amp for each sub at 1 ohm )

and 2x recoil audio rea 600.4 ab amps for the mids and highs 

unfortunately for me the biggest alt i can find for this car atm is a 250amp so im going to have to figure something out here more then likley building a bracket to mount a second alt 

im also building a 96ah headway bank

4 runs of 1/0 from front to back 

due to it being winter progress is slow even though i have most of the pieces needed to get this together

first things to get done will be the alt and running all of the 1/0 runs  

as of right now i put the raw box in the car and im running it on a single red1200.1 and i must say i am very pleased with it on the single amp 

and i also got the front door baffles made and screwed to the panels but they need all the fiberglass work done which i cant do till it warms up 

for right now i have some pyle 6.5's in the doors that were given to me for free and the dayton 8's 

the amp rack itself is being built inplace of the rear seat bottoms 

anyways heres a few pics for the time being the one video is just them on a 60x2 amp i had laying around 

20221214_143605.jpg

20221230_123509.jpg

20221128_134244.jpg

Edited by mel80
pics
  • Like (+1 Rep) 4

Good build I’m just curious to why you chose 8’s when you clearly have room for bigger subs, not ripping you I’m running 4 8’s right now but only cause I have no room.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

26 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Good build I’m just curious to why you chose 8’s when you clearly have room for bigger subs, not ripping you I’m running 4 8’s right now but only cause I have no room.

when i was younger i always did 12,s or 15's never messed with 10,s or 8,s just wanted to do something different this time around , the upgrade path is going to be 3 10's or 3 12's eventually though , that being said i think these 8's will keep me happy for a long time 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

^^^^^

I hate 8's. Even if they can any power thermally, they will shit the bed suspension wise. Period. I dont even like 10s for the same reason. You wont be able to put much if any power to them, (not for any duration)  even if you "are very happy with them.  You dont even need to up grade your oem alt, let alone need duals.  Take that money and put it else where. 

that single red1200.1 has my voltage dropping to 11.8 with headlights and blower motor on with the stock alt @ idle, ive found a 300 amp replacement finally that and the 96ah headway bank will solve that 

and yes i have the big 3 done already all in 1/0 

with each amp on a single sub at 1 ohm im counting on only seeing about 8-900w max with imp rise ,the gains will be backed off so they will only see about 750w rms 

amps are overkill yes but there there for future upgrades 

im building this in stages one of the last stages will be a big upgrade from those e8's  the 8's are just something i wanted to play with 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:56 PM, Original Wis said:

How did you mount your amp rack in the seat bottoms? I'm doing 4 DC Audio Level 1 12s in my 01 Sentra GXE and I'm stumped about where to put my amp rack.

sorry been super busy with work havent been on at all , im completely removing the rear seats , amp rack is being build into were the seat bottoms would normally be . right now amps are just mounted to a board in the trunk behind the box 

i have goten some more stuff done on my last day off mainly just running the new 1/0 cable and installing a second red 1200.1 so now i have them on 2 amps that do 900 rms at 2 ohms each amp is running a pair of the 8's wired at 2 ohms instead of all 4 on a single amp at 1 ohm , @ 1 ohm those amps do 1250 certified and 1500 @ clipping.

i still need to clamp it with the 2 amps and see what im getting for actual power output , maybe tommorow since its my day off 

20230123_141203.jpg

• mel80 changed the title to 01 sentra 4x sundown 8's build,,, now with 3x 12's