01 sentra 4x sundown 8's build,,, now with 3x 12's

not to bad for cheap speakers for the door panels for now ( friend gave it all to me ) but the 6.5's are being replaced with recoil audio stuff , keeping the dayton audio 8's , but hell dont sound to bad for sending full range signals threw all of it , just need to add some tweeters and then i can start the fiber glass work . all 4 doors will have this same setup

• 2 weeks later...

tore out the seats n stuff from the back of the car today and got the box painted and reinstalled think im going to put the subs facing the back of the trunk again because my slot port is on the face of the box and now its kind of firing directly into the rear wall there . as far as the amps i was thinking originally i was going to do the 4x 1200.1's across the bottom and the 2x 600.4's on a dual angled floating amp rack in the opening to the trunk. but now im thinking about putting the one 600.4  in the middle of the 1200.1's which would look cool when i put the lid on the amp rack with the lexan windows over each amp , and then finally put the last 600.4 in the trunk opening on an angled floating rack 

subsnamps.jpg

20230210_145159.jpg

20230210_114421.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 4 weeks later...

started mocking up my amp rack , this rack has 3 layers what u see is the middle layer , the bottom layer will have all the power/ground wires distro , basically all the wiring , the wiring will come up threw the layer u see directly into the amps. and then the middle layer is getting 4 inch high sides all around so i can put a lid on it , the lid is going to have a 18 x 48 " piece of 1/4 lexan in it so u can see all the amps , all in total there will be 6 amps across that rack 4x 1500w monos and 2x 4 chan amps , i jhad to wrap it up for the day so i just wired all that stuff up so i could still have my music when going back and forth to work for the time being prolly be another 2 weeks before i have enough time off to work on it again

20230305_152228.jpg

20230305_152213.jpg

Edited by mel80
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

5 hours ago, Joe X said:

I guess you like the difficult route, I would get a couple of stock DC audio level 5 12 and a 8K amplifier and that would get crazy loud and pretty simple and fast to get done.

i like the project part of the build and the journey of getting there , i ve already designed a 9cft box for four 12's that fits in this car but that will be a long way off 

Edited by mel80

• mel80 changed the title to 01 sentra 4x sundown 8's build,,, now with 3x 12's