Second Skin Audio

2004 Avalanche 6 12" p3d4 subs behind drivers seat. Please help design a box. Care about one thing. SPL! We didn't choose the setup. Just trying to make it the loudest with what we got. Currently 3 very diff boxes.

T Roy

I am installing 6 Fosgate p3 12" subs. He wants them installed behind the drivers seat and center console, leaving one seat in the back for a passenger. Spl is all he is worried about. They will be powered by 3 t1 1500 fosgate amps. 370 amp alt. 2 runs of 1/0 copper welding wire for power and one more for ground as well as alt. and grounds upgraded. 3 deep cycle batt. Not a great kenwood double din fed into an Audison bit ten processor and sub out put to an audiocontrol 3.1 to the fosgate t1500's. Right now he has 2 slot ported boxes of different size and one slap box that's even bigger. The slap box sounds the best I think. We only went with p3's cuz the price was right. This is a budget build. So far we have $800 in it. Please help wit a box design to maximize spl in this cab of this avalanche. I have built boxes before. No problem there. I'm just not sure how to maximize it for spl. I know that the cab raises the resonance frequency, compared to a car, but i do not have the equipment to check it. The t1500' s have a bass boost frequency of 45 hz and is not adjustable , frequency wise. So I was thinking of tuning the port code to that. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also. What is the disadvantages and advantages of sharing common walls of a slot ported box besides the displacement of the extra wood.

From the drivers rear door to the seat we are leaving in the back I have roughly 40". From the back wall to the back of the center console I have 32" then a 4" x 4" step up. From roof to floor I have 46". 

Thank you for your time. If anything sounds wrong please correct me.

Some daily subs on a vehicle that is not so easy to get loud is not the way I would look to win a SPL competition if you are up to that, the other thing that is troubling is that you don't have any spl meter which is a must with this kind of projects.

Archived