Wiring setup suggestions 12k

On 1/4/2023 at 7:54 PM, blazn22s said:

Hello, I have a 2012 f250 6.7 powerstroke, currently already have 1 shca 1/0 run. I putting new system in 12800 watt rms (1250 amps) total. Would it be better to just run a couple more runs of 1/0 to smd disto.(3 total) , Then split off to amps with 1/0 ? Or go with like 1 single 4/0 or 2 2/0 ? Just trying utilize the 1/0 i currently have. Any suggestions for alt setup are appreciated.

Setup going to be 

14- d4s-65v2 (200 rms each)

6- sundown super tweeter (100 rms each)

2- d4s jp8.4 (400 rms 4 channel)

1- d4s jp10.4 (6000 rms 4 channel)

1- d4s jp63 (6000 rms mono)

Subs are undecided currently.

obviously your gonna need a high out put alt , a stock one will suffice but you want an aftermarket alt that will put out the most amperage at idle . for lithium bank builds , you're looking for quick amperage discharge to your bank quickly to replenish your bank , i do not recommend you get a a 390 or 400 amp alt but get a good 270 or 320 max , built by a good manufacturer like CES, Mechman, , Singer,etc. have them set the voltage to 15.5 volts , and get a 80ah yinglong or Planno 48ah bank , you be good to go . then you can get rid AGM's !! and just use a battery delete , your truck will run off that lithium bank . 👍

4 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

just a suggestion , wrap the rest of the black part of the door panel , leaving the black panel makes it look unfinished 👍

Not sure how I'd do that. I was trying to not have to cut the panels or jack them up incase I didn't like the outcome I could just leave stock. I think I decided to go with Tan r20230108_192728.thumb.jpg.42a274e9311cec22f0e78cd6c3241e84.jpgather then red tho I feel it blends better. 

4 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

are the speaker baffles you made bolted /screwed to the door panel(black part )? can they be taken back off ??

Yes, they are removable. I built them without cutting any part of the door panel, if I decided to take them out there would just be some screw holes showing. I used 1/4-20 button head bolts with 1/4-20 wood inserts screwed into the back of the wood then used 1/8" flat bar to act as a big washer and screwed from the inside of the door panel into the speaker pod. If that makes sense. I have a cut out on the inside of the speaker pod to expose the factory bolts that hold the door panel to the door. So to take the door panel off I would have to remove the speakers basically.

20221228_221340.jpg

1 hour ago, blazn22s said:

Yes, they are removable. I built them without cutting any part of the door panel, if I decided to take them out there would just be some screw holes showing. I used 1/4-20 button head bolts with 1/4-20 wood inserts screwed into the back of the wood then used 1/8" flat bar to act as a big washer and screwed from the inside of the door panel into the speaker pod. If that makes sense. I have a cut out on the inside of the speaker pod to expose the factory bolts that hold the door panel to the door. So to take the door panel off I would have to remove the speakers basically.

20221228_221340.jpg

take the pods off like that and wrap that black part or at least paint it to match the rest of the door  and then stand back and admire the difference !! you can thank me later , LOL !! 👍

Archived