Sonic Electronix

what is the best 15 inch subwoofer for 3000 watts at half and ohm

• stingray72 changed the title to what is the best 15 inch subwoofer for 3000 watts at half and ohm
On 1/16/2023 at 2:58 PM, stingray72 said:

This is for spl purposes and its going in a 2019 nissan versa sv. So far im looking at an american bass godfather 15.

Tones/Burps? or musical spl competitions ?  If your playing one tone, for max spl in the lanes, get with Jacob at sundown and have him build you a stiff (custom spider pack, depending on the info you give him) as fuck, smaller voice coil driver (efficient) that can take a dick load of power for a instant.

For musical, hell, do the same. Talk to some dudes at sundown, or the Fi build house, and have them get you what you want, for what you want to do/need. 

The driver you mentioned, ive never heard of, or seen, but, im sure its a common 4" voice coil driver that will suite you fine. 

If you just wanna bang in the lanes and dick off, get any mid level driver from anyone and get after it. Most of your gains will be from the enclosure and vehicle tweaks.  Good luck. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're on the search for a 15-inch subwoofer specifically for SPL purposes in your 2019 Nissan Versa SV, the American Bass Godfather 15 is a fantastic option to consider. However, there are several other high-quality alternatives available.

One popular option is the Sundown Audio SA-15, which is recognized for its exceptional power handling capabilities and remarkable sound quality. Another alternative to consider is the Fi Audio BTL NEO, specifically designed for high-output and it possesses the ability to handle up to 4000 watts RMS.

Other well-regarded brands that manufacture high-quality subwoofers include JL Audio, Rockford Fosgate, and Kicker. When selecting a subwoofer, it's imperative to also scrutinize the enclosure and amplifier you'll be using, as these aspects can significantly impact your subwoofer's performance.

Ultimately, the ideal subwoofer for your setup will be determined by your personal preferences and budget. It's always recommended to conduct thorough research and go over user reviews to make a well-informed decision.

Me? Im a Sundown hoe.

I have a Sundown Z v6. 15” in a 4cf. Gately box.  BTW Steve if you have an old beat up and outdated  AMM-1 id love to buy one with my Bologna budget.

[email protected] if you want to help me in rebuilding my new system. I have an O-scope but i like the features on the AMM1

ill post a pic with it inverted and normal, I think that giant 100lb sub has to be closer too 1 cf of displacent.

Id rather have 4cf over 3cf in this box normally mounted. This is going on a frame im building and deleting my whole back seat and show this one off. What they wont see is my 2x 3Krms Avatar 12’s that will be facing forward threw the big hole where the seat back used to be.

and yes this sub can take 4k rms if need be,but ill never push it that far as i want it to go as low as i can make it. 

I can give it upto 8k rms on my Salt4 as it just powers this 15”

BTW im not a big fan of Avatar subs,i just cant get past that.

Ill see how musical it is as i want it to be very low, like my whole car shakes in the background. So you never notice where its coming from.

51A76DA5-ECB5-48F4-A529-98138F2A8D7B.jpeg

435471C5-E381-4D6A-AD1F-A34E4EDAA6DF.jpeg

D731D438-5E7A-4970-A32D-F7C1DDEDFBB3.jpeg

05D059C4-6735-4288-89DD-E780D8180DE3.jpeg

Archived