Loud and great quality 6.5" 3-way set?

thenags

I've got a regular cab truck, so not very much room for a ton of stuff.  I've currently got a set of Hertz 6.5" 3-way components and they sound great but looking to see what else might be out there.  Anything y'all like to replace these with that would be potentially louder with similar sound quality?  I'm currently powering these with a Arc Audio X2 850.5 Amp bridged to the 2 sets and the rest is unused.

Thanks in advance.

Pro audio is shit. I guess unless you dont know any better.

You can buy separate components, and end up with much better gear. But up to you. Also, controlling them all along with placement is key. You running a dsp? or some passive shit? 

EDIT- also, the gear you have now, seems pretty good. I like the hertz i run in the dash (part of my 3 way set i put together with scan speek tweets and satori mids) That said, how are you controlling them all separately? Does that amplifier you have ,  have the ability to pass band channels and such? Im not familiar with it. 

Unless your running bottom of the barrel Hertz speakers you're going to have a tough time finding much better, and even if they are the lowest end Hertz and you have that amp bridged to 2 channels you're only getting 250 watts per channel to run the 3way component systems.

Considering you have 2 channels of amp essentially since the 5 channel amp is bridged that would mean you're using the passive crossover networks that came with them.

So ditching the passive crossovers and running the speakers active would be a huge increase over control but you would need 6 channels of amplification and you would need an amp that allows you to bandpass the channels (or run a DSP) because that Arc amp doesn't support bandpass on the crossover filters. You can most likely give them more power as well.

Another thing that can improve the sound even more is treating the door with sound deadener. 

Depending on the location of all the speakers possibly changing where the mid and tweet are located can improve the imaging as well as how loud it appears.

Really hard to say though since you didn't give much info besides the amp and brand of speakers and the fact that they are 3-way and didn't include the model or where they are located.

What I can say though is just buying another set of speakers and putting them in the same location using the same amp is just going to be throwing money out the window because you're not really going to gain any output/volume by doing that unless you use some cheaper speakers with a cheaper lower wattage handling and you over drive them which will lead to failure and they will most likely sound worse as well.

Oh and also any Pro Audio speaker from any manufacture is not going to come any where near close to a good sounding component system. So unless you want no midbass and harsh tweeters stay away from said style of speakers such as the DS18 and DeafBonce and bullet tweeters like those mentioned above.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:55 AM, audiofanaticz said:

Unless your running bottom of the barrel Hertz speakers you're going to have a tough time finding much better, and even if they are the lowest end Hertz and you have that amp bridged to 2 channels you're only getting 250 watts per channel to run the 3way component systems.

Considering you have 2 channels of amp essentially since the 5 channel amp is bridged that would mean you're using the passive crossover networks that came with them.

So ditching the passive crossovers and running the speakers active would be a huge increase over control but you would need 6 channels of amplification and you would need an amp that allows you to bandpass the channels (or run a DSP) because that Arc amp doesn't support bandpass on the crossover filters. You can most likely give them more power as well.

Another thing that can improve the sound even more is treating the door with sound deadener. 

Depending on the location of all the speakers possibly changing where the mid and tweet are located can improve the imaging as well as how loud it appears.

Really hard to say though since you didn't give much info besides the amp and brand of speakers and the fact that they are 3-way and didn't include the model or where they are located.

What I can say though is just buying another set of speakers and putting them in the same location using the same amp is just going to be throwing money out the window because you're not really going to gain any output/volume by doing that unless you use some cheaper speakers with a cheaper lower wattage handling and you over drive them which will lead to failure and they will most likely sound worse as well.

Oh and also any Pro Audio speaker from any manufacture is not going to come any where near close to a good sounding component system. So unless you want no midbass and harsh tweeters stay away from said style of speakers such as the DS18 and DeafBonce and bullet tweeters like those mentioned above.

Fuuuuuuuuuucking THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pro Audio can be great if you have a dsp and proper power. Now it won't be as clean and clear as high end SQ drivers like Hertz/Focal etc but it doesn't sound terrible by any stretch of the imagination 

Pro Audio will fill in all the ranges you need if crossed over correctly and tuned...But you stated you already have hertz 3 way so you're on a good path already 

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived