Your My Boy Blue! -build Log-

x2 on the vids dont be lazy like me and still not a vid out http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif im so lazy. and bangin your sub is now on 1300rms at full till shes doing great

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel Regular Cab

• 1 month later...

so finally I can update this! me and a couple friends literally attacked this thing in one night.....

-bilstein struts

-Tanabe NF210 lowering springs (lowered ~2 inches)

-new upper control arms

-new lower ball joints

-new strut bar

---full suspension setup-done!----

-new rotors

-new pads

-new wheel bearing

-new drums

-new shoes

-new brake fluid

---full brake setup- done!----

no pics of build cuz I didnt have the cam but pics after....still gotta let the suspension settle.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now I can finally get started on my box! or @ least the wiring for the bats and next comes the alternator wiring and mounting....a friend of mine already fabbed up a custom bracket....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 3 weeks later...

I change my mind.....alot. So Ive decided that instead of trying to squeeze the ports in vertically, Im going to take up the rest of the space in the rear deck and make them side by side horizontally. this means no more speaks in the rear deck.....so Ive decided how I wanna deal with that too....

Ill be glassing them up in the rear quarter panels....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the reason behind the hard angle on the speaker is because if I went any lower, it would hit the passengers head...and I thought it would look stupid firing straight at the back of the drivers head....so the drivers side will face the passenger front and the passenger side will face the drivers seat....

Posted Image

upgrading with new tweets too....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

hey man. becareful with that power and that size of box/es,don't want them to flex too much and bottom out or unload.... i'm running 2 lvl4's (gonna have the lvl 5 dual oneohm coil) off 2 Crunch GP3000d-pros. and i am making a smaller box then the spl seg. on the site. i wasn't satified with the end result of that big of box so i cut it down a lil..... but thats me.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

hey man. becareful with that power and that size of box/es,don't want them to flex too much and bottom out or unload.... i'm running 2 lvl4's (gonna have the lvl 5 dual oneohm coil) off 2 Crunch GP3000d-pros. and i am making a smaller box then the spl seg. on the site. i wasn't satified with the end result of that big of box so i cut it down a lil..... but thats me.

Bills

thanks for the heads up man! Im pretty much forced to make a smaller box then the reccommended SPL since I dont have 4ft3 for each....Im forcing around 3.4 cuft.....

"bangin with the big dawgs"??? what big dawgs are u talkin about

u have to ask?........ :rolleyes:

small update....slung 4 layers on...

Posted Image

hopefully wrapping tomorrow....

• 4 weeks later...

guess I can update this.....its going slow and annoying me....the weathers not helping....but I got a couple pics....

finally wrapped these bitches....was such a pain in the ass....

Posted Image

Posted Image

they are now 4 layers stronger then those pics and ready to be sanded and D-glassed on Wed....

A couple weeks ago I had talked to DJ of team Nemesis who gave me some great advice on what I could do with the configuration of the 15s and everything...I wanted to optimize the amount of response and air going into the cabin....so theres really only one way to find out how I can do that....test box....

I built it today....its tuned to 40 hz and 1 cuft....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

havent built a box in a little while....felt good working with all MDF again instead of having my arms fall off from sanding FG....but that comes Wed....the box was built to house this

Posted Image

Posted Image

big thanks to Neo_Frog for the sub too!...next pics of testing the sub and seeing how those speaks sound....possibly a vid of how loud my ride can get with only 4 comps and 1 10"......I managed to fine tune the highs and now it gets louder than a stock system with 4 speaks, I cant wait to see how loud it will be with 4.....and then eventually 6....

Hey, glad my stuff could be a part of this build! ;)

That sub will do you well.

hell yeah man it did!

So tested today and took some no sound vids.....mostly just the best thing that I could find to respond to vibration....this is how I got my results...

heres the sub in the box I built....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

it bangs...I almost wish I built it to install cuz I love the way it sounds....but right now I only got the 2 Zeuss in and ones runnin speaks and the other is on the 8s....hopefully Ill be able to hook up one of my friends with it cuz I dont want it going to waste.

so here are the vids....yeah there boring, but I used them mostly for reference cuz sound can start meshing after an hour test....it was obvious what my best option was after reviewing them....I focused on the rear view mirror for response...

what my initial setup was going to be before testing- SUB UP PORT UP

Posted Image

then SUB AND PORT FACING PASSENGER SIDE

Posted Image

then finally, the best responding one, SUB AND PORT BACK

Posted Image

so my design is going to change based on this test. I was surprised that this is what I found...I thought for sure sub and port up would destroy....but I was wrong. Oh well, @ least I dont have to worry about whether or not it will be legal for competition....

Archived