Second Skin Audio

Quasi-6th order bandpass

Alex M

I've had some problems finding info and figuring out how I should build a Quasi-6th order bandpass to get some great spl out of my car, and i want to take it to the next level. I haven't decided if I want the g2 dynamics Genesys Series 15 or the DS18 Hooligan 15. If there's any parameters or info yall could give me, I'd gladly accept it. Yes, I know this type of build takes up space, and I'm ok with that. The dimensions I would prefer the box to fit in are : 44×22×34.25. However, the back of the box will be curved to accommodate my back glass, and I don't know how to calculate the box dementions given the curve, of cource if there wasn't said curve I'd have 17.2 cu³ of airspace. I also don't know how the 2 ports interact with eachother, I want to play low, like 20-45hz low, maybe even lower than 20 if that's possible.

If you have the said maximum dimensions you can do it, I mean if you just want to go with that Q6th just download Hornresp and give it a shot, not the most intuitive and friendly piece of software you will find, besides the plots that it delivers are not entirely in agreement with software I trust more, also it can't model cabin gain, it will only let you enter measured data and you need additional hardware to figure out that data.

does anyone have any tips for using hornresp? looking at the schematics the 6th order boxes arnt what im trying to build. the 8th order boxes are close but minus the 2nd chamber, if that makes sense

A quasi 6th has only one chamber, if the enclosure you are building doesn't have a name probably no one knows what it does either, Bandpass boxes are known to easily blow drivers and/or sound like junk if something is just slightly off of what it needs to be.

That is a series tuned 6th order bandpass, a member who became obsessed with those made a very long and complete thread, testing all aspects of it's operation, here is that thread:

It includes Hornresp models and probably everything you need.

if im being honest winisd is working alor easier for me, but im also using hornresp alongside it. the only reason why im liking winisd more is because i can convert the measurements

Archived