Second Skin Audio

Box design help please

HermanS

Looking for help designing a box for a 2011 Grand Cherokee WK2. Max trunk dimensions are 39 inches long 44 inches wide and 29 inches tall. Subs I’m using are 2 American bass Xmax 15s dual 1ohm powered by a Marts digital 13500. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance. 

I would need some infos from you,

1)  The height of your seat line and window line.

2)  What performance you expect, low, loud etc, what music you play.

3) Pics of your sub manual showing t/s parameters and manufacturer recommendations as I didn't find anything on their site.

OK so do they list box recommendations for your sub? if so post them. With the parameters above I estimate 3.5 net @32-34Hz 60 square inches of port area for each sub, but I would like to see what they say, the manufacturer can also use auditioning for setting their recommendations so it's always useful information.

33 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

What the point of putting it just below the window line?

Well if you compete and depending on the class that you compete in, some classes have a rule that the box must be under the window line otherwise it is considered a wall. The window line rule is based off the front door window line however which can sometimes be a different height than rear windows.

Also some people just don't want a tall box sticking up so high that is in plan view for everyone to see, plus  in all honesty it can be rather ugly in some cases. 

Some people with suv's also like to be able to put the cargo cover over the box to hide it if your vehicle has one of those. 

On 2/21/2023 at 3:24 PM, HermanS said:

They do not list box recommendations anywhere in the manual or even online,

I will be posting a couple of ideas today or tomorrow, the spec (per driver) will be 3.8 cubic feet net with about 60 square inches of port area and a tuning of about 33Hz .

Archived