Tap Tempo Advice/Help Needed

Hello, I've been working on trying to get Tap Tempo working and I thought I had it working well but ran into an issue. What I would like to accomplish is for every song I switch to the PBC updates tempo on my Timeline and my Apple MainStage keyboard rig and possibly an H9. I would like the Tap Tempo updated from the song preset and if necessary from the Tap-Tempo function Switch. I do have all of this working except Tap-Tempo from the function Switch. When tapping the function switch the tempo updates to 2-3x what it should be on MainStage and the Timeline. I am using Auto Tap with a macro to update the tempo for the Timeline and MainStage and sending CC messages to each and this works reasonably well when changing songs. I say reasonably because the tempo tends to be off by a few BPM. So, my questions would be: Is this the best approach to accomplish what I want? If using Song to set the tempo, if I update by tapping a new tempo and change presets in the song will it stay with the tapped tempo or revert to the entered song tempo? Could I reverse the Tap tempo and have MainStage update the tempo on the PBC (receive tap tempo) Another minor issue unrelated to Tap, when running MasterMind Editor and Strymon Nixie together; doing an Update changes (on the PBC) can cause the Timeline and Mobious to lock up. Haven't investigated to thoroughly yet but it has happened several times. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Just now, hoshanaeckhart said:

Hello, I've been working on trying to get Tap Tempo working and I thought I had it working well but ran into an issue. What I would like to accomplish is for every song I switch to the PBC updates tempo on my Timeline and my Apple MainStage keyboard rig and possibly an H9. I would like the Tap Tempo updated from the song preset and if necessary from the Tap-Tempo function Switch. I do have all of this working except Tap-Tempo from the function Switch. When tapping the function switch the tempo updates to 2-3x what it should be on MainStage and the Timeline. I am using Auto Tap with a macro to update the tempo for the Timeline and MainStage and sending CC messages to each and this works reasonably well when changing songs. I say reasonably because the tempo tends to be off by a few BPM. So, my questions would be: Is this the best approach to accomplish what I want? If using Song to set the tempo, if I update by tapping a new tempo and change presets in the song will it stay with the tapped tempo or revert to the entered song tempo? Could I reverse the Tap tempo and have MainStage update the tempo on the PBC (receive tap tempo) Another minor issue unrelated to Tap, when running MasterMind Editor and Strymon Nixie together; doing an Update changes (on the PBC) can cause the Timeline and Mobious to lock up. Haven't investigated to thoroughly yet but it has happened several times. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this. read more

thanks in advance for any help

Archived