Second Skin Audio

10” 4th order Enclosure help

209er

I just open my Fi ssd Neo. Had it in storage for a good minute. 
I just bought a 06 single cab. 
I wanted to know if any could help me with dimensions on a 4th order. 
It will be a cut/blow through. I definitely have the room. 
I was debating on just putting 2 gcons(10s) but decided to stick with the single fI 

image.jpg

image.jpg

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

I got the just about everything I wanted/need. 
I have the RF1500 that will be pushing it. 

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

I was debating on going with 2 10” dcons!. Would that go with a 4th? 
I can stick the Fi in a ported box in my suv. 

I measured what I would like the subs to be fit within my truck bed. 16x61x22 H-W-L.

You help me YEARS ago on my last box. J I see you still on it. Thats good not as much ppl on here as back in the days. 

Checked the 10" Dcon and although it has lower EBP it still is not ideal for 4th order bandpass in my opinion at least if you want strong low end. Sure enough you will want to ask the manufacturer and others as well.

BTW yes, it was a different world back then.

I also got a Blue print from a dude Ryan ram designs!! He no longer seems to show up.

I don’t mind paying for a legit blueprint. 
I will be sticking with the Fi. 
so 6th order it is. You able to come up with a design Jx. 
for the cut/blow through!! 

I could provide you with box specs but not with a layout/cutsheet as I lack software to auto layout multi chamber boxes and unhappily these days I don't have the time to layout manually, it can be done but sometimes will get very time consuming as you need to recalculate all every time you consider an alternative.

Also on  those dimensions you provide you could go seriously bigger, you should, you know, cutting your truck can hit resale value and all that. Doing that for the performance of a single 10" is not worth it IMHO.

What I would do is trying to see how much space is there behind your seats, most of the times there is enough space for a single 10" ported, that should do well enough without having to deal all the issues a cutout brings.

Anyways any other questions let me know.

So what would you do. I got the power/space? Do I jump up to 12s? 
do 10s. 
I love clarity just as much as bass. I assume like most individuals dilemma!!!

I could order 2 fi alpha’s 

Are the 2 gcons? 
4th/6th 

In your case I would try your sub on ported behind the seats if possible, im sure you would be happy with that setup if you are leaning sound quality. So I would try that first and then decide from there if you want/need to get into more trouble.

If you decided to do the blowthrough, you have like 10 cubic feet gross in the dimensions provided, that would be enough fro a triple chamber 4th order bandpass for a couple of 12 subs. That will result in a relatively small centered cut to your truck.

Now bandpass boxes are prone to develop high group delay around tuning (which reduces clarity and "speed" on the output) to avoid that you must not try high chamber ratio designs used for high SPL, also driver selection is very important, since these days I don't have entered the models of many of the new drivers I couldn't easily help you with that because entering models for so many drivers to test would take me a lot of time that I need to use elsewhere unfortunately.

So I tossed the sound quality a tad out the window. Well not much 

End pulling  the trigger on the Fi Neo 3.5 18”, 

that should take up the space I have available. 
appreciate it Jx!!! 

Archived