XS Power

Capacitor bank, i think i was taken.

Dang it,ive seen that before on DFS’d website.

i can rearange them to 5 cells in series and get 14V But over charging them .4v

Im so glad you pointed that out as i forgot just what they need.

one option is to sell them,i have alot invested in my 2 banks of 6 of the XP Power cells so its 12 total.

a second option i saw online. Here is a pic i stole from “Parker the Basshead” you see a total of 20x4 cells all connected. Id guess its possible to hit 20+ volts.

But as you see in the pics hes only connecting in the middle. Right about the 14v-16v spot.

Very smart move for a guy like that who needs tons of extra amps.

I have 48 headway cells in the car now. I have another 100 cells in boxs just waiting to be used.

I could call jim’s machine works to make one set of bussbars with 20 x4 like Parkers, Or just get two sets of 96ah and make that would make 288aH

you know any other options where i can use the LTO and keep them?

ill never have the income or ability to buy more LTO cells. So i got to work with what i have on hand.

image.jpeg

Edited by dasfriek77
Forgot pic

Altho i agree with you,i find it hard to make any rash decisions as i want to keep my LTO build.

Others agreed that 6S is fine at 14.4V

and worse off as 5S is facing a .4v overcharge which isnt acceptable.

https://www.caraudio.com/threads/lithium-lto-batts-ho-alt.610440/

I gotta admit its not a decision i make lightly, But everyone in that thread said my 14.4V is fine as 6S x2 banks.

and facing danger to my systems health isn't worth it. I know they wont explode, But premature death in a way is just as bad.

Thanks for the info tho as i know i wont forget it.

LTOs won't light off if you over charge them. But you'll turn them into paper weights in a matter of weeks/months.

Leaving them in there in a 6s config won't harm them.... But at a fraction of usable capacity... The added bulk, weight, and complexity of wiring becomes a difficult sell

I found the maker of the 20 spot headway build that Parker used in the pic. 

https://www.coventrycaraudio.com/product-page/headway-lithium-battery-bus-bars

Sadly id have to sell the LTO build at a good loss to be able to buy a 200ah set of bars. But another set of jims non polished 96aH basic bars is only $160 which i can afford. So ill be thinking and see what the new system may need power wise. 

Thank you for all your help!

Das

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2017 wasnt a good year for Headway cells.

I had 2 unopened box’s of headway cells for  sell/upgrade with, These 2 were in that batch so i had to inspect every cell i had.

I did notice an odd smell in my bench test area, It smelled like a musty electrical smell.

I will be double checking my 96AH headway build thats installed in my car.

Doesnt say much for cell life.

27713153-D165-4E20-99F1-1B195B2FA4F0.jpeg

B4F9ADAF-82B2-4113-874A-C1D47ED13653.jpeg

59F5DA09-9E93-4C25-919E-5083D1E7A90B.jpeg

CD605E5C-8046-48F0-B78A-C9EEF27BF393.jpeg

EF01FE2E-03FD-45EA-AFD8-1E26FD79981B.jpeg

Confirm unopened?

If so, those things were used, abused, and put away wet before they ever made it to your doorstep. Yikes.

I know i didnt open them and they were sold to me around Christmas from Batteryhookup.

They were to be used for a project i was helping someone build, But he swapped his Headway cells to me for LifePo4 prismatic cells.

Ive never gotten a bad cell before and they had to see it wasn't right. But every time i order Headway cells i always get 2 extra for occasions like this.

I better not find any cells like this in My Headway 96aH battery already in my car. But im going to inspect it.