Kinetic & Iraggi Problems

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well It is a load of crap if you ask me. Kinetic likes their batteries at around 13.3v to 13.5v at rest. Now any one who knows much about the charge to rest ratio knows you have to charge 1.5v to 2.0v above resting voltage to achieve that high of a resting voltage. 13v is a good resting charge, to reach that you need to be charging around 14.8v

I'm sure the 14.3v is an average # . If you are always bumpin, running your AC , lights, air baggs ect... your batteries don't have time to overcharge anyway.

My set up is hotter than most 2 - alts at 16.2v cold 15.8v Hot with 13 batteries with this battery to alt ratio they never get close to hot or swell. So believe who ever or what ever, but they do fine I trust them.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Well It is a load of crap if you ask me. Kinetic likes their batteries at around 13.3v to 13.5v at rest. Now any one who knows much about the charge to rest ratio knows you have to charge 1.5v to 2.0v above resting voltage to achieve that high of a resting voltage. 13v is a good resting charge, to reach that you need to be charging around 14.8v

with that being said, as reinke stated the guys batteries are at a resting at 18+volts with the car off, so that is meaning ruffly a 20 volt float with the vehicle running when their is no load on the charging system.

Im assuming that you are also calling the BS flag too missing link? Because I sure am!

Thanks for tuning in missinglink, ive been waiting and I can now sleep peacfully :)

Facts:

if he is running a true 16.5 volt charging system on his lincoln his cars charging voltage is at 18-19 volts. But since reinke stated that the batteries float at 18 volts with car off, im guessing his voltage is way higher.

A 12 volt battery IS NOT MEANT to be charged at 16+ volts. That is just asking for failure.

If you can charge a 12 volt battery at 18+ volts like this reinke is claiming, why the fuck do they make 16 volt batteries?

Kinetic knows their batteries, if it is true that they said they dont like being charged over 14.3 volts they are probolly right.

Which means reinke and his buddy are claiming to know more about kinetics products then kinetic does about their own products.

The only way to get them batteries to become charged that high is with an external regulator. I run a external regulator, I know a little bit about this. With the regulator being turned up so high the batteries are in fact being over charged.

I am also willing to be that when that stereo is turned up at full tilt or close to full tilt that voltage drops down into the 12-14 volt range.

I say this becasue the car is a lincoln and there is not much room under the hood for a multi alt setup, you maybe able to squeze 2 alts on that car if you remove the a/c pump and fab up a alt bracket.

A externally regulated alt will make that kind of voltage, but when put under load the amperage draw from the amplifiers is going to be greater then the generated amperage of the alternator meaning once the vehicle draws max amps out of the alternator, the voltage will drop because you are asking for more amps then are being made at the 18 volt. if that makes sense to you I dont know, I cant think of a better way to explain it.

too kinda explain my last thing I was talking about, I will use my setup that I tried.

1 spl dynamics ext-3000d amp

3000wrms by 1 at 1 ohm 13.8 volts.

4500wrms by 1 at 1 ohm 16.5 volts

2 powermaster d3100 batteries, one in the back seat, one in the trunk.

Knukoncepts flex kable 0 gauge and knukonceptz 8 guage speaker wire.

1 irragi 300amp max alternator with a transpo voltage regulator (13.7v-21v)

My rest voltage was around 16.5-7 volts. once my amp was drawing more current then the alt was being made at the 16.x volts my voltage dropped severly and relied on my battery power, and started to drain the batteries bad. After I turned the amp down i had to highly rev my engine to get my voltage back up to where it was and it still took a few seconds to do so.

This will happen on almost any 16+ volt system with 12 volt batteries and is only 16+ volts because of the regulator that does not have the amerage being made by the alternators to back the amps. People like meade do not apply to this because they are running quad 300+ amp alternators that are putting out ruffly 1200+ continuous amps not including their reserve amperage in the battery bank.

Video.

Posted Image

Sorry I just went back and saw the 18v part.

First the car: The car itself unless he has a separate alternator to charge separate the car would be really pissed off and may not last long.

Now the batteries : 2400 @ 18v resting he will need to be charging at like 21 volts for example

Charging to resting voltage

14v 12.6-12.8v

15v 13v

16v 13.5v

16.9vbattery

18.9v 16.5-16.8v

20v 17.5v

21v 18v

These are not a set reading just a close average of what to expect from your charge to rest ratio. Give or take .3 or so still close enough to see where the questions come from. B)

Mine run at 16.2-15.8v and rest around 13.5v after a few days of sitting they fall to 13.3v so they tapper off no matter how you charge them.

A full 18v at rest (car off no chargers next morning voltage check) is a huge leep of faith on any battery!

An alternator wont like the 20volt charge as well it will do it but not long. If it is like that high I'm really surprised it hasn't caught fire.

Now get all the info and pics you can to redeem your self if something is misinterpreted we can let it go. If he knows something we don't please do share!!!Dont keep that a secret.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

so does this mean that the kinetik batt is capable of doing 14.3v+ right of the box without any mods?

well i'm glued to this one because i'm planning on getting rid of my yellowtop and getting a kinetik HC2000 along with the misslink module.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived