Noobtastics Alt

already ran into issue #1 being that the mounting bolt for the stock alt is much larger than the mounting bolt on the new alt, and checker/kragen and Autozone seem to be having problems coughing up the right size bolt >_<

-Drew

PS Roscoe... HAHAHAHA...

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

stupid autoparts carriers DONT carry my size/length. >_<

wtf?

goddam its a stupid bolt!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

wtf?

-Drew

try ace hardware or home depot/lowes?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

thats next- my gf just left for work so i'm car-less right now till more friends get outa class.

play'n the waiting game

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

My girl will barely get up to get me a soda, I know she aint doin any glassin

BITCH HATES MY BEATS :angry::angry:

Time for a new girl maybe...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

wtf?

-Drew

Which bolt? The pivot bolt or the lock bolt?

What kind of podunk backwater do you live in anyway?

The pics already say you have a bigger alternator in your hand. Look at the winding gauge in that unit.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

the Bigger unit needs a Smaller bolt!!! ^_^

got it all worked out, and switched the attention towards why the hell my car has such a low, rough idle.

considering some fuel injector cleaner?!?? >_<

had a constant 14v charge at stops and on the gas, except for when my car would drop to almost dead and voltage would plummet from 14v to 12.5v then work its way back up. tweaked the timing and it helped, but will need to figure out why it has such a stupid low, rough idle!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

the Bigger unit needs a Smaller bolt!!! ^_^

got it all worked out, and switched the attention towards why the hell my car has such a low, rough idle.

considering some fuel injector cleaner?!?? >_<

had a constant 14v charge at stops and on the gas, except for when my car would drop to almost dead and voltage would plummet from 14v to 12.5v then work its way back up. tweaked the timing and it helped, but will need to figure out why it has such a stupid low, rough idle!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Drew

You also got a smaller pulley in the deal. Hard to say who picks the bolts. If your pivot bolt has a nut on the backside, you can use an SAE fastener...

So now you get a solid charge. Progress.

You may need to clean your throttle body, and / or the IAC (and the MAF sensor if so equipped). Setting the throttle plate for maximum IAC authority can help as well.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

ON TO THE GOOD NEWS!!! [/sarcasm]

I was in the middle of doing all my little adjustments and had to get my lil brother from school and while in the parking lot (taking note the belt needed to be loosened up a bit) the damn thing snapped on me.

Posted Image

so tomorrow is a belt change!!

but a question for all you charging system gurus like MLA and others, it was noisy when i first started it up... symptom of being to tight??

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived