Second Skin Audio

Sundown X12x2 Box Design

Hello SMD, it's been a long while. 

So I recently installed Sundown x12v2d2 with deafbound aab1500 amp wired to 1ohm in my 2020 dodge charger. Stock battery replaced with D4800 and secondary D3400, 0gauge DC/SHCA wiring, 8 gauge speaker wire, RCA's connected to PACamp pro in the back of the H/U. I'm planning to ugrade the mids/hights and sub amp to 2500watt in the future but I have to get this box situatuion figured out. 

The sub is playng lows very well, but anything over 40hz sounds like shit. My guess is that box I build is tuned too low. I played a lot with crossovers and moving the box around but it doesnt sound any better.. 

I used subbox pro website to design the box and I cut it from 3/4" birch on CNC. Dimensions of the current box: 28wx14hx20.5d 2.5CF net and tuned to 32hz as recommended by Sundown. The port area is 40sq inch (3.18wx12.58"hx34.35l). 

I was thinking to build a small 4th order. The max dimenions of the box: 30wx14hx20.5d. 

Can somebody help me or refer me to the right person that could desing the box for me? 

image.png.6ee775d909ec29d411a4c2f28037abae.png

Disregard the hanging speaker wires. I had had audiocontrol hooked up to the rear speakers before I install Pacamp pro.. 

image.thumb.png.d866e1a67370805bec0669a4bb030954.png

thanks,

Pat 

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.