If this is not the place for this can someone please point me in the right direction? I am wanting to build a system for my 2008 Chevy Tahoe. I want to build it right. I have wasted way more money trying to save money than I would have if I would of bit the bullet the first, second & third times, as I am sure a lot of us have done. I have no problem admitting I have been an idiot up to this point. With that being said, the things I am needing to know are: what type of power I’ll need, best amps for the mids, tweeters, subs, ect. I will list the equipment I currently have and the equipment I intend to install. I have never competed in any big competitions. I dont know if i will. I do want it to be ridiculously loud to most people but I also want it to be reliable. I dont want to worry about blowing it up when i crank the volume. Any help or advice is appreciated more than you can imagine. Thank you in advance.

Current set up:

2-Optima red tops under the hood 2-XS Power D4800 in the back

2-power master 245a alternators

Head unit-Kenwood DDX9707S

Front doors/a-pillar-Skar Audio xps65c components 

Pass doors- DS-18 6.5

3-Skar audio ZVX-12 D2

amps:

2-Skar SKv2-3500.D1 (strapped)

1-Skar Skv2-200.4D 

3.5”rear speakers are still factory

New plan:

3-Sundown zv6 12 D2

2-SALT8 or would the 12k be better for the subs?

2- SA-6.5 CS V.3 component sets (front and rear doors)

1-SALT 2000.6 (doors and rear 3.5s)

Mechman 400a alternators

SMD 8 spot anl fuse block (already have just not installed yet)

Lithium batteries? how many?

Rear 3.5 speakers-?

cable-2/0? From alts to batt/distribution block

1/0 from fuse block to amps ???

I am open to suggestions on any part of this design.

Im planning on using the Sundown SALT series amplifiers. I have one in my other truck and couldn’t be happy with it. I don’t want to lose my second row seating. That is the reason I decided to go with the 3-12s. I would like for it to be able to hit 155 i don’t think that should be a problem.  Ok after reading all this Im wondering if I just should of  said. Hey I want to build a system for a 2008 tahoe up to the c-pillars that will hit 155db+ that won’t blow too easy. LOL i would just appreciate any help anyone can give me. With all my projects and the wrong choices I’ve been making as far as what i thought would be great. I cant afford to make any more unneeded audio purchases. Thank you 

Edited by DirtyMoney
Added information

You could post this in your own build thread and follow up as you progress,  anyhow, my first feedback would be:

Dims for a box in a tahoe were  49  W, 25 H. 29 D without removing the second row, that was enough for 4 15s ported no problem.

If you want to get loud cone area is king, more important than any other parameter in your system, once you have the best subs and the box design that fits then you choose amplification and electrical, not before. Besides your system, deadening is most important, at higher power, loses to flex can make you lose any gains highly expensive upgrades could have given you.

Also never do any estimates on how loud some equipment will get, if you go to a comp and you saw X equipment doing Y dBs in your same car that means you could possibly get as loud but even then if your install is inferior to the vehicle you saw you will not get anywhere near as loud.

Edited by Joe X

Not that this will be any help, but I did multiple builds in a 2007 Tahoe.  Not that any of it was great but if you want to sift through the old threads for ideas I will share a couple links below.  Thanks.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0