Multiple Amps Or Accesories On Remote Lead

IN400

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Since 87A post is not used in the 5 post SDPT relay could a 30a 4 post relay be used instead?

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Since 87A post is not used in the 5 post SDPT relay could a 30a 4 post relay be used instead?

Shannon

Anyone want to answer this? LoL. I'm asking because I'm about to wire up my junk and I have the 4 post relay that don't have the 87a. I got that relay because I thought it I was not going to use it why have it? But if the 4 post that I have wont work please someone tell me.. Thanks again guys!

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

The 87a post is only energized when the 86 pin is not energized.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The 87a post is only energized when the 86 pin is not energized.

So I can wire a 4 post relay the same way and it will still work?

Shannon

• 2 weeks later...

Some auto relays have a diode across the relay already. Would these types be good enough to use?

I have been thinking about that too. Adding a diode with relay would be asking for additional work. S.P.D.T have 5 terminal and S.P.S.T 4 terminal.

• 1 month later...

After doing some research i did like to know if anyone understood or have any knowleges of experiences with electronic relay? Correct me or not. There's two kind of relay that are commonly used in 12- volt automotive. (SPDT) relay's which have 5 pins, and (SPST) relays which have 4 pins. I heard that SPDT relays are often used in alarm installations. I assume we going to use SPST for audio equipments. What are the pin hook too?

pin 30 - + 12 volt ( battery + )

pin 87 - Amp / remote turn-on terminal

Pin 86 - head units remote turn-on lead

Pin 85 - ground

and

Pin 87a - no connection (SPDT only)

Relay are just small electronic that help power equipment.

• 6 months later...

Archived