Second Skin Audio

Need some help designing an enclosure.

I have an Apocalypse DB-3512R 2ohm and I want to try to build a decent enclosure for it but I don't know where to even start. I tried watching some videos but everything tends to rely on using winISD and I can't even begin to understand how to use it to actually design an enclosure. I also can't seem to find all the parameters that it needs for my subwoofer anywhere and I don't know what to do without them.

This is a call for someone willing to sit down for a while with me and help me learn how to use the software and if you are willing, to help me design the enclosure. I'm eager to learn but I need to ask questions as things are explained to me which makes learning from YouTube videos really difficult for me. I primarily use discord but I'm willing to accommodate any form of communication. I understand this may not be the proper way to use the forum but I don't have anyone in my life to personally help me out and I don't know where else to ask for help.

Thank you to anyone who may consider my offer.

Joe X will be along shortly......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 5/10/2023 at 12:55 PM, MrPleb said:

I have an Apocalypse DB-3512R 2ohm and I want to try to build a decent enclosure for it but I don't know where to even start. I tried watching some videos but everything tends to rely on using winISD and I can't even begin to understand how to use it to actually design an enclosure. I also can't seem to find all the parameters that it needs for my subwoofer anywhere and I don't know what to do without them.

This is a call for someone willing to sit down for a while with me and help me learn how to use the software and if you are willing, to help me design the enclosure. I'm eager to learn but I need to ask questions as things are explained to me which makes learning from YouTube videos really difficult for me. I primarily use discord but I'm willing to accommodate any form of communication. I understand this may not be the proper way to use the forum but I don't have anyone in my life to personally help me out and I don't know where else to ask for help.

Thank you to anyone who may consider my offer.

I will need some details about your car and your audio system:

1 what is your vehicle model.

2 maximum dimensions for a box (height,width,depth)

3 what amplifier model you intend to use

4 what music you listen most.

On 5/12/2023 at 4:03 AM, Joe X said:

I will need some details about your car and your audio system:

1 what is your vehicle model.

2 maximum dimensions for a box (height,width,depth)

3 what amplifier model you intend to use

4 what music you listen most.

Hi Joe, sorry for the late response, I got quite busy lately and forgot to check the post. Thank you for showing interest in helping me!

1: I drive a 2009 Toyota Corolla.

2: Max dimensions are in inches; H|15 1/4 | D|26 | W|32

3: I'm using an Apocalypse AAB-4900.1D

4: I mostly listen to spanish Reggaeton but when I have friends riding with me it can be any kind of music like english rock or pop. I mainly feel a lack of low end when listening to music. I tested different frequencies with a tone generator app and 45hz was the most powerful frequency in the current box. I thought I would add as much information as possible, sorry if it wasn't needed.

Thank you again for even considering helping me out

Bear in mind that lack of bass can come from many causes different than an improperly designed  box, some of them are:

1   improperly set subsonic filter on your amp,

2  other amp settings as well.

3  improper setting in your head unit or any signal processors you may have like Eq, DSP, electronic crossover.

4  if you are using a LOC with your stock unit.

5  improper location or orientation of your box.

6  playing improperly recorded music or playing a music type that lack deep bass.

7  sourcing music to your head  unit via wire from a phone tablet or other device.

8  using wired bluetooth converter.

Again not a complete list:

Here is the design:

Figure is just an assembly guide:

lst.png

1x15SFPF.jpg

On 5/19/2023 at 11:03 AM, Joe X said:

Bear in mind that lack of bass can come from many causes different than an improperly designed  box, some of them are:

1   improperly set subsonic filter on your amp,

2  other amp settings as well.

3  improper setting in your head unit or any signal processors you may have like Eq, DSP, electronic crossover.

4  if you are using a LOC with your stock unit.

5  improper location or orientation of your box.

6  playing improperly recorded music or playing a music type that lack deep bass.

7  sourcing music to your head  unit via wire from a phone tablet or other device.

8  using wired bluetooth converter.

Again not a complete list:

Here is the design:

Figure is just an assembly guide:

lst.png

1x15SFPF.jpg

Thank you so much Joe, I'll let you know when I get it built or if I have any questions about the design.

As before I don't have enough information to tell your current box is the problem, make sure you read and check all the causes for lack off bass I left you. Also I recommend building a cardboard test box to make sure the real box can get inside your trunk once built. Best of luck.