State Troopers Vs. Tint

Tub Asko

they have that same shit here in maryland. i was with my buddy when he got pulled over and the cop pulled out the meter. put it to the window and it got a 1%. he didn't even give him a ticket because in maryland it's only illegal to have 25% or darker on the back of a car. trucks and suv's and go as dark as they want as long as the fronts are ok.he had 15 on them so the cop let him slide, but i liked when the cop tried shinging his flashlight through the window and couldn't see it on the out side.

they have that same shit here in maryland. i was with my buddy when he got pulled over and the cop pulled out the meter. put it to the window and it got a 1%. he didn't even give him a ticket because in maryland it's only illegal to have 25% or darker on the back of a car. trucks and suv's and go as dark as they want as long as the fronts are ok.he had 15 on them so the cop let him slide, but i liked when the cop tried shinging his flashlight through the window and couldn't see it on the out side.

1% = Darker than 25%

I'm sorry but I have seen so many threads bashing cops on here and after reading them all I gotta say this. If you were a police officer who pulled a car over for that has 5% on the front windows and couldnt see whether or not the driver has a gun pointing at you, would still think that law was stupid? If your mad over the laws then get into politics and get them changed you can't be mad at police for doing there job.

I realize that some cops can take there job to extremes like cutting your tint with a knife or giving you tickets for turning signals but when there doing there job right then you cant say anything. My brother is police officer and I have asked him if he has ever pulled anyone over for tint or sounds and he told me for tint yes, but for sounds no. He said he personally doesnt care if some kid has a crazy loud system unless there breaking other laws.

Well, in an attempt to crack down on "illegal" tint, the Louisiana State Troopers now carry some kind of scanner they stick on your window/glass that will tell you exactly how dark it is and if is illegal or not. The ticket is $150-300 FIRST OFFENSE, the installers first ticket is $1000. As far as I know, you can't fight the ticket at all.

Here is the vid:

LINK

I personally have 20 on my front windows and 5 on my back windows. When I got my new system I was going darker . . . looks like I'm paying a visit to the eye doctor for a get out of ticket free card

i got pulled over 4 days after i got my tint done...$250 tint job = $120 fine...in montana...5% over stock 20% = 0% what the tint meter said :)

cops are cool here with dark tint/tail lights..its just the highway patrol that drives threw town n nails ya

I got 5 all the way around on my ranger and the cops in my town have the meters. I got pulled and he put the meter on it and said it read 7%. He gave me a ticket for $171 but i got it dropped. POPOs are lame.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

I'm sorry but I have seen so many threads bashing cops on here and after reading them all I gotta say this. If you were a police officer who pulled a car over for that has 5% on the front windows and couldnt see whether or not the driver has a gun pointing at you, would still think that law was stupid? If your mad over the laws then get into politics and get them changed you can't be mad at police for doing there job.

I realize that some cops can take there job to extremes like cutting your tint with a knife or giving you tickets for turning signals but when there doing there job right then you cant say anything. My brother is police officer and I have asked him if he has ever pulled anyone over for tint or sounds and he told me for tint yes, but for sounds no. He said he personally doesnt care if some kid has a crazy loud system unless there breaking other laws.

A cop can always get around that.. They do have a PA speaker on their car. Windows normally roll down. If not, driver can get out of his car.

Hahaha

I just got my car tinted today, 20% all around. The legal limit in GA is 32% on all of the windows, cant even go darker on the rear windows or windsheild. Cops in my town are pretty lazy though.

Yeah I always thought in GA we could go as low as we wanted on the back windows until I looked it up the day I was gonna go get 5% on all my back windows lol. So I have 35% all around now :( Drove my brothers car around yesterday and he has 5% all around so it is much nicer in the car :D What about on the windshield? can we even tint that in ga? or only 6"?

A cop can always get around that.. They do have a PA speaker on their car. Windows normally roll down. If not, driver can get out of his car.

But on the other side of that, what if they pull over a dark skinned man with no weapons of any kind? And what if that guy sues for racial discrimination or public defacation? The officer would lose his job if the guy can win in court.

There are two sides to every situation.

I do agree that some laws are stupid. But think about it this way. At night, dark tint is like a mirror. It reflects light from the inside. If it's relatively dark inside, it's fine (ex.: the only lights on are the dash lights, and they are on dim). but with something like a Double din DVD player (or single din with a flipout screen) that's on with the screen active produces much more light. I know for a fact that with my flipout screen DVD player and 35% on the side windows, it was a B**** to see out the side windows at night. As long as it was closed, I was fine. But when I opened it, I might as well have been looking into a mirror.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

So they should do that everytime they pull someone over? lol please!

Absolutely not. If a driver is too stupid to roll down both of his tinted front windows, in the safety of the officer, he should be asked to step out of the car. They should make that a law rather than the tint itself. If a cop can clearly see what is in front of him, he is in less danger. It's not hard for a cop to put himself in a safer situation. As far as racial discrimination, that can happen anywhere any time. If the officer is clear as to why he made the driver step out of the car, and is straight forward with the person he pulled over, there should be no problem. It isn't racist to ask someone to step out of a car. It isn't discrimination to ask someone to step out of a car. What goes beyond that outside of the car may be considered racism or discrimination, but that's depicted by the officer's attitude, words, and everything else that goes along the lines of racism and discrimination.

My goal isn't to persuade any of you guys, but I personally think tint laws are a joke. In the summer I feel safer driving with window tint. I know I could put on a pair of shades, but that's not the point. I want my ride to look nicer as well as not having to wear sunglasses when I'm driving. It's a comfort thing, as well as a convenience. Cops have been killed because of the situation window tint put them in, but it doesn't mean that window tint kills so why should it be illegal? Cops make the situation they are in (sometimes). I think the reason window tint is banned is because officers want a reason to pull you over. Like Marlo said in another thread, a cop got lucky once when a dude had tinted windows. Cop pulled him over and managed to find a ton of guns in his car. If it wasn't for the law, cop would have never found the guns. Would have never had a reason to pull the guy over. So I have to ask myself why window tint really is illegal, and I definitely think it's beyond 'window tint kills officers'

Archived