State Troopers Vs. Tint

Tub Asko

I'm sorry but I have seen so many threads bashing cops on here and after reading them all I gotta say this. If you were a police officer who pulled a car over for that has 5% on the front windows and couldnt see whether or not the driver has a gun pointing at you, would still think that law was stupid? If your mad over the laws then get into politics and get them changed you can't be mad at police for doing there job.

I realize that some cops can take there job to extremes like cutting your tint with a knife or giving you tickets for turning signals but when there doing there job right then you cant say anything. My brother is police officer and I have asked him if he has ever pulled anyone over for tint or sounds and he told me for tint yes, but for sounds no. He said he personally doesnt care if some kid has a crazy loud system unless there breaking other laws.

id like to say this (dont get me wrong cops are good but just hear me out)

it is their job. they knew the risks when they took it

the law can be compared to a city being told their bridge can only be 5 feet off the ground because it is dangerous for the workers.

why should the city (us) be limited on what it can do because of the workers (cops) who chose that job in the first place?

i know you like defending cops and i can understand that but this tint law business is just wrong.

as for the example of "there might be someone with a gun behind the tint", ok well people are natural innovators. you make something illegal they will find another way to continue doing that thing.

my beef is not with the cops but rather the law makers. i understand they illegalize things for our "safety" but as i said before people will continue to find new ways and eventually everything we love will be illegal. and we still wont be safe

now if everyone will oblige me lets stop arguing about cops. they do what they do, some hate, some appreciate. thats how it is and how it always will be.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely not. If a driver is too stupid to roll down both of his tinted front windows, in the safety of the officer, he should be asked to step out of the car. They should make that a law rather than the tint itself. If a cop can clearly see what is in front of him, he is in less danger. It's not hard for a cop to put himself in a safer situation. As far as racial discrimination, that can happen anywhere any time. If the officer is clear as to why he made the driver step out of the car, and is straight forward with the person he pulled over, there should be no problem. It isn't racist to ask someone to step out of a car. It isn't discrimination to ask someone to step out of a car. What goes beyond that outside of the car may be considered racism or discrimination, but that's depicted by the officer's attitude, words, and everything else that goes along the lines of racism and discrimination.

My goal isn't to persuade any of you guys, but I personally think tint laws are a joke. In the summer I feel safer driving with window tint. I know I could put on a pair of shades, but that's not the point. I want my ride to look nicer as well as not having to wear sunglasses when I'm driving. It's a comfort thing, as well as a convenience. Cops have been killed because of the situation window tint put them in, but it doesn't mean that window tint kills so why should it be illegal? Cops make the situation they are in (sometimes). I think the reason window tint is banned is because officers want a reason to pull you over. Like Marlo said in another thread, a cop got lucky once when a dude had tinted windows. Cop pulled him over and managed to find a ton of guns in his car. If it wasn't for the law, cop would have never found the guns. Would have never had a reason to pull the guy over. So I have to ask myself why window tint really is illegal, and I definitely think it's beyond 'window tint kills officers'

People can and will sue for anything at all. One guy sued a woman cause he hurt himself while he was breaking into her house to rob it. And he won! He had a better lawyer than she did.

I'm not saying all people are like that, but these days it's more likely that it was even 15 years ago.

I agree some tint laws may be a joke, but they do help save people. Re-read my post, because I said why once in it.

And I also agree that some officers go too far when it comes to the tint. They don't have to take a knife and slash it to make sure it gets taken off. That's not only wrong, but potentially illegal (for all the driver of the car knows, the officer could be about to stab him with it).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

id like to say this (dont get me wrong cops are good but just hear me out)

it is their job. they knew the risks when they took it

the law can be compared to a city being told their bridge can only be 5 feet off the ground because it is dangerous for the workers.

why should the city (us) be limited on what it can do because of the workers (cops) who chose that job in the first place?

i know you like defending cops and i can understand that but this tint law business is just wrong.

as for the example of "there might be someone with a gun behind the tint", ok well people are natural innovators. you make something illegal they will find another way to continue doing that thing.

my beef is not with the cops but rather the law makers. i understand they illegalize things for our "safety" but as i said before people will continue to find new ways and eventually everything we love will be illegal. and we still wont be safe

now if everyone will oblige me lets stop arguing about cops. they do what they do, some hate, some appreciate. thats how it is and how it always will be.

You know why they have this law right? and I'm not coming at you in any kind of lets fight manner either I'm just stating facts. The reason is a police officer pulled a guy over for a simple traffice violation but didn't know that the guy had just robbed a bank and had a gun pointed at him so when he walked up to the window he was shot and killed instantly. I just get sick and tired of seeing a bunch of little kids mad becuase they caught breaking the law that they agreed to when they signed there license. Yes I am going to defend them but not becuase my brother is one, and yes I have a record a mile long from speeding to reckless driving! I defend them becuase I now realize that I was wrong.

The main fact is everyone when they sign there license they agree to the laws, period! If people don't agree they shouldnt sign it and therefore shouldnt drive.

hmm, im thinking about getting my tint done sometime.. law stats 30% front and back and anything in the rear windshield.. but 30% is too light :/

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You know why they have this law right? and I'm not coming at you in any kind of lets fight manner either I'm just stating facts. The reason is a police officer pulled a guy over for a simple traffice violation but didn't know that the guy had just robbed a bank and had a gun pointed at him so when he walked up to the window he was shot and killed instantly. I just get sick and tired of seeing a bunch of little kids mad becuase they caught breaking the law that they agreed to when they signed there license. Yes I am going to defend them but not becuase my brother is one, and yes I have a record a mile long from speeding to reckless driving! I defend them becuase I now realize that I was wrong.

The main fact is everyone when they sign there license they agree to the laws, period! If people don't agree they shouldnt sign it and therefore shouldnt drive.

it seems your point and mine are the same but on opposite sides.

i guess im just a believer in not punishing the class for the retard in the back's mistake you know?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

• 3 months later...

Well, in an attempt to crack down on "illegal" tint, the Louisiana State Troopers now carry some kind of scanner they stick on your window/glass that will tell you exactly how dark it is and if is illegal or not. The ticket is $150-300 FIRST OFFENSE, the installers first ticket is $1000. As far as I know, you can't fight the ticket at all.

Here is the vid:

LINK

I personally have 20 on my front windows and 5 on my back windows. When I got my new system I was going darker . . . looks like I'm paying a visit to the eye doctor for a get out of ticket free card

we have in alaska, its a 180 fine if you dont take it off, otherwise its just a fix it ticket. the installers dont get in trouble for how dark they tint. i just hate how they dont pull everybody over, ive gotten pulled over twice for different %'s, i have friends who had like 5 or darker and never got bothered. hate our troopers

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

When I went to get an estimate for tint on mine, they told me I had to sign a waiver saying I understood the tint laws in Michigan.

Basically they will install it but you have to take the fall if your dumbass gets caught.

$150 a Bad price for 5% on rear sides and back and 35% on front?

when i got quoted it was 180 5% all around. and did you heard about shaders doin some tintin package where if you pay extra you get a special package that if you get a ticket you take it to them they remove the tint and after its dropped they put it back on?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

shit i cant even run tint on my front windows or windshield, only tint can be on the back 3(any %) but for cereal shits beat

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

• 1 month later...

When I went to get an estimate for tint on mine, they told me I had to sign a waiver saying I understood the tint laws in Michigan.

Basically they will install it but you have to take the fall if your dumbass gets caught.

$150 a Bad price for 5% on rear sides and back and 35% on front?

$150 sounds ok, here in minnesota, a place called Zebart has deals at times for 5 windows for $115ish.

Archived