State Troopers Vs. Tint

Tub Asko

Is it really that fucking hard to understand that illegal is illegal and crying about it or bitching about police isn't going to change that?

I moved from Arizona where it IS legal to have up to 35% on the front and as dark as you want on the rears. I moved to North Carolina where it is illegal to have ANY tint on the front windows.

I just rolled the windows down if stopped. I wast going to take the factory tinted windows out just to satisfy state law. However, I fully expected a ticket for the tint, and it would have been MY problem had I gotten one, not the COPs.

Now, a cop takes a knife to my window, you can bet your as that is CRIMINAL DAMAGE and you should be filing a complaint with the state attorney.

By the way, former cop here. I never ticketed for tint issues unless it's something extreme like 5% or mirrored. That's just plain stupid on the owners part.

You also need to realize, Window tint laws aren't just for officer safety its also for yours. You can't honestly say you can see perfectly out of your windows, at night, with 5% tint.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived