Very Low Numbers

an electrical system is only as strong as its weakest point

and sometimes they screw up those tests, if you can beat pretty well without dropping significant voltage, then your fine.

but i would upgrade that last 4 gauge cable to full out 1/0

an electrical system is only as strong as its weakest point

very much understood. It confused me when he said to run 4 gauge cable for my charge lead, and when I asked him why, he talked about the alternator needed a certain amount of resistance to properly charge, and he said that H.O. told him this, so I went with it, now I am 2nd guessing the whole thing.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

nope, system was not on, and I spoke to an installer who has done some big spl installs and was told that he had a very in depth discussion with someone at H.O. and they let him know that 4 gauge should be the largest charge cable to run considering the installation, even though it is a 225 amp alt. I plan on looking further into this because most people on here are running 1/0 gauge and how can you argue with results? right? anyways, if anyone has any questions or possibilities, please respond. Thanks,

Joseph

4 gauge wire is all you need to run power. 1/0 wire is used for homes. The terminal on the battery and alternator aren't even suppose to hold 1/0 wire. Why people keep spending all this extra money on 1/0 wire for car systems is beyond me. :blink: The extra thick cable you see running from your fuse box in your house that runs your AC, dishwasher, microwave, furnace, refrigerator, stove, etc is 1/0 wire. Did you get that? 1/0 wire runs every electrical device in your home. Why anyone would need that wire to run a car system is beyond me.

4 gauge wire is all you need to run power. 1/0 wire is used for homes. The terminal on the battery and alternator aren't even suppose to hold 1/0 wire. Why people keep spending all this extra money on 1/0 wire for car systems is beyond me. :blink: The extra thick cable you see running from your fuse box in your house that runs your AC, dishwasher, microwave, furnace, refrigerator, stove, etc is 1/0 wire. Did you get that? 1/0 wire runs every electrical device in your home. Why anyone would need that wire to run a car system is beyond me.

the bigger the wire, the better the flow of voltage.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

at 110+ volts vs 14 volts big difference

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

voltage does not flow current flows. the higher the voltage the easier the current (electrons) will flow

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

lots of amperage. I was originally going to run 1/0. Lots of amps needs lots of cable surface. house is ac. from what I understand it is a huge difference.

voltage or amperage? or both? Just trying to learn man. not trying to be a smart ars.

at 110+ volts vs 14 volts big difference

dont houses use way less amperage?

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

voltage does not flow current flows. the higher the voltage the easier the current (electrons) will flow

however it goes. i'm sure you all get the picture. anyways the bigger the wire the better.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

WOW Seriously?

I'll tell ya what bud, why don't you use some 14/3 romex to power you system and let us know how that works out for ya ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived