Very Low Numbers

however it goes. i'm sure you all get the picture. anyways the bigger the wire the better.

Lol, that's simply not true. The battery terminal isn't fit to support 1/0 wire. Its set to fit no more than 4 gauge. Why do you think that is? Nevermind, it's pointless and so is this discussion. Your mind is made up regardless of how wrong you are, and nothing I say will change that.

P.S. I'll leave you with this, ask any certified electrician what 1/0 wire is used for. Then ask him about using it in a car for a stereo system to connect the battery and alternator for power. Get back to me with the answer.

lots of amperage. I was originally going to run 1/0. Lots of amps needs lots of cable surface. house is ac. from what I understand it is a huge difference.

voltage or amperage? or both? Just trying to learn man. not trying to be a smart ars.

dont houses use way less amperage?

Heres an example a 1100 watt microwave vs a 1100 watt amp

117Vac x 9.49A = 1100W

14Vdc x 78.57 = 1100W

about 10 amps to run a microwave because of the higher voltage vs about 80 amps of dc power.

If you ever see long range power transmission lines they are not really all that big its because they use transformers to step up the voltage (not sure what they run at maybe 600,000V because of the higher voltage current moves easier then when it gets to where its going they use another transformer to bring the voltage back down. If they were sending power a long distance at 110V the cable would be fucking huge.

edit: cant spell

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Lol, that's simply not true. The battery terminal isn't fit to support 1/0 wire. Its set to fit no more than 4 gauge. Why do you think that is? Nevermind, it's pointless and so is this discussion. Your mind is made up regardless of how wrong you are, and nothing I say will change that.

Posted Image

Vehicles with stock electrical systems and stereos and other stuff like that (that doesn't require a ton of amperes) will be fine with 4ga.

Hmm, that pic I embedded above has a 1/0ga socket, 4ga, and 2 8ga sockets.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Heres an example a 1100 watt microwave vs a 1100 watt amp

117Vac x 9.49A = 1100W

14Vdc x 78.57 = 1100W

about 10 amps to run a microwave because of the higher voltage vs about 80 amps of dc power.

If you ever see long range power transmission lines they are not really all that big its because they use transformers to step up the voltage (not sure what they run at maybe 600,000V because of the higher voltage current moves easier then when it gets to where its going they use another transformer to bring the voltage back down. If they were sending power a long distance at 110V the cable would be fucking huge.

edit: cant spell

understood. Thats why I am confused at why the installer I spoke to would tell me to use 4 gauge max for my charge lead. And why would H.O. themselves tell him that? They said it was due to the alternator needed a certain cable resistance. Any clue? Anyone?

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Posted Image

Vehicles with stock electrical systems and stereos and other stuff like that (that doesn't require a ton of amperes) will be fine with 4ga.

Hmm, that pic I embedded above has a 1/0ga socket, 4ga, and 2 8ga sockets.

and i have two terminals exactly like that on my truck. anyways i don't ge this 1/0 is used for houses. well in that case meade just wasted his money with all the runs that he has in his truck along with a shit load of other folks including myself. it's obvious someone doesn't know much about car audio but i wont say names ............. but now is a time to learn and not look like an ass.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

P.S. I'll leave you with this, ask any certified electrician what 1/0 wire is used for. Then ask him about using it in a car for a stereo system to connect the battery and alternator for power. Get back to me with the answer.

So because YOU can't find a bigger battery terminal that means anything over 4G is a waste?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

WOW Seriously?

I'll tell ya what bud, why don't you use some 14/3 romex to power you system and let us know how that works out for ya ;)

please check out the last post I did. Why would H.O. themselves tell an installer that? You got any clue? I am looking for help. I just want to learn so I can fix what I need if something is wrong and not make the mistake again. Thank you very much.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

understood. Thats why I am confused at why the installer I spoke to would tell me to use 4 gauge max for my charge lead. And why would H.O. themselves tell him that? They said it was due to the alternator needed a certain cable resistance. Any clue? Anyone?

Because that's all you need. But go ahead and waste your money and spend it on 1/0 wire. I bet you will because everyone is telling you to.

please check out the last post I did. Why would H.O. themselves tell an installer that? You got any clue? I am looking for help. I just want to learn so I can fix what I need if something is wrong and not make the mistake again. Thank you very much.

i'm quite sure them saying 4ga would have meant 4 ga minimum. but what we are saying is to just use 1/0 instead of 4ga if you possibly can so allow a better flow.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived