Car Wont Crank

how should i ground the unit itself? just twist the wires from ground on the unit and the ground cable for the car?

bc thats what i did, and i put tape over it

There should be some sort of copper plate or a screw you can put the ground wire of your radio to.

But Ground the RCA to the radio.

There should be some sort of copper plate or a screw you can put the ground wire of your radio to.

my stock harness had a ground cable, can i hook it up to that? or should i get a clip and hook that to a piece of metal

injineer.jpg

Clarion ProAudio VRX755VD

Infinity Perfects 6.1-front

Infinity Perfects 5.1 -rear

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

i took out the head unit, and grounded it to a metal bolt in the dash. neither amp is working right now, but my tweeters are. they are hooked up to the head unit. my zx1500.1 is flashing with a red light.

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

how do i ground the rca's?

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

well i just read most of the comments and have a few questions?

!) off what size power wire are you running ?

2) off do you know how much current your amps are drawing ?( when they worked)

3) do you already have a multiple battery setup?

The reason why I ask is that a tahoe has a decent alternator in it ,good enough to run all the power options lets call it a 100 amp alternator

theoretically this should be enough to power e everything with some left over but not that much in the larger scheme of things .

Now let's add in a bangin system without getting into ohms law we're just going to throw random numbers so the point will be reached in a quicker manner

2- 1500 watt class d amps each of which at full volume and running at the lowest impedance drawing lets say 50 amps see where i am going with this ?so now you have a car with a 100 to 120 amp alternator and more of a draw than you can produce .

solution to your problem is upgrade your alternator first then your batteries and not just the back 2 or the front one ,ALL THREE and they should be of the same age and type so they don't fight (draw off of each other ).

a cap is only as good as the battery and alternator that it is connected to .if your cap was reading 10 volts at some point that is bad and you should be worried that low of voltage can believe it or not kill your amps not enough power will make an amp run hotter .

now i also read that someone didn't think that the negative should spark uhmm well if there is a circuit drawing ( clock ,radio memory ,etc.) and the power is already connected and the ground is the last connection to be made a spark is perfectly normal .

Fuzzy sound and fuzzy lights are signs of low voltage

well i just read most of the comments and have a few questions?

!) off what size power wire are you running ?

2) off do you know how much current your amps are drawing ?( when they worked)

3) do you already have a multiple battery setup?

The reason why I ask is that a tahoe has a decent alternator in it ,good enough to run all the power options lets call it a 100 amp alternator

theoretically this should be enough to power e everything with some left over but not that much in the larger scheme of things .

Now let's add in a bangin system without getting into ohms law we're just going to throw random numbers so the point will be reached in a quicker manner

2- 1500 watt class d amps each of which at full volume and running at the lowest impedance drawing lets say 50 amps see where i am going with this ?

solution to your problem is upgrade your alternator first then your batteries and not just the back 2 or the front one ,ALL THREE and they should be of the same age and type so they don't fight (draw off of each other ).

a cap is only as good as the battery and alternator that it is connected to .if your cap was reading 10 volts at some point that is bad and you should be worried that low of voltage can believe it or not kill your amps not enough power will make an amp run hotter .

now i also read that someone didn't think that the negative should spark uhmm well if there is a circuit drawing ( clock ,radio memory ,etc.) and the power is already connected and the ground is the last connection to be made a spark is perfectly normal .

If you need any help finding a high output alt. lemme know I have a company locally that carries some serious power makers.

i have 4 guage now, but upgrading to 0 soon.

not sure how many amps. i have an external 150a fuse for the zx1500 and 2 40 internals for the 4 ch amp

only have 1 battery now

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

just get rid of the car.

yeah, im kinda asking for help. thanks for your input

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

i have 4 guage now, but upgrading to 0 soon.

not sure how many amps. i have an external 150a fuse for the zx1500 and 2 40 internals for the 4 ch amp

only have 1 battery now

150+40+40 = 230. man i'd of been ran 1/0. you'll pulling too much current through that 4ga and you're risking damaging your amps if you already haven't. definitely upgrade to 1/0 and get a HO alt if possible.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

150+40+40 = 230. man i'd of been ran 1/0. you'll pulling too much current through that 4ga and you're risking damaging your amps if you already haven't. definitely upgrade to 1/0 and get a HO alt if possible.

well im gonna unhook the subs for a while, and the zx1500.1 . until i get my batteries and 0 guage to run. hopefully the 4ch amp will get enough power without having to change anything

but how do you ground the rca's?

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works