Looking For Carbon Fiber Tips

If you are sanding the actual carbon fiber weave then you have sanded too deep. Once you lay the resin you are just sanding to make the resin layer even.

depends. when your trimming you'll almost always go through the carbon fiber. top layer sanding you shouldnt ever touch the matting.

610EUROs

how did we get on the topic of sanding cf? only thing ill have to worry about is the sides where it overhangs but thats not really an issue im worried about.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

right but i don't have to sand the actual cf thou right? Ive been under the impression its much like fiberglass but with a single layer of mat and multiples of resin. I would understand the possibility of sanding the actual cf if the whole piece was made of it but since its a fiberglass pod with just the cf cover i wouldn't get to the point of sanding the actual mat.

I almost think im oversimplifying it in my mind. Last pods had fiberglass weave that looked extremely clean so im sorta thinking just swap materials and resins and it shouldnt be that crazy hard but it seems like the consensus is cf is harder the glass and the last thing i want to do is finish up the glass on the pods and attempt to do the cf and completely fuck it up

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 1 month later...

well ill have to say working with the epoxy resin is def different.

• 2 weeks later...

the epoxy resin is a hell of alot thicker and getting the hardner ratio is a bit more difficult (if its not right on your fucked)

nah it was recommended not to use the pumps according to the epoxy resin manufacture