Sundown Audio

2k6d Vs. Saz3000d

Team Bassick - Kimo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I was asking I'm able to sell the 26kd for less than that shiped

is that why your pushing stetsom so hard because you sell them?..lol shit all makes sense now..lol ANYWAYS

you can also get a hifonics bxi 2607d for around $500 but does that make it a better buy then the $850 sundown3k amp? people just keep forgetting its not quantity but quality..

This Stetsom amp. 13.8 volts @ 2Ω that thing does 3000 watts rms. So what will it do with 15.2 volts ? Over 3k??? That amp looks small. It packs that big of a punch? I would love to get my hands on one of those to see for myself. With up to 16volts of input as well?? Wow.

well you donate the amp and im sure king can do this for you, otherwise its very stupid for you to expect this kind of test especially on a $900 sundown amp

they're not $900. i got both of mine brand new cheaper than that. someone needs to take a chill pill...been snappin at everyone lately :wacko:

lol @ numerous mentions of 'the king' hahaha :P

they think it makes them sound cool. one person said it once and they were like cool a new word for me to use.

now as far as conclusions on the amps. wut we need to do is find out wut exactly we are testing for in order to reach conclusions. thats why i think my suggestions would be best

a test for efficiency ( have both amps make the same amount of power and see which one uses more amps at a constant voltage)

a test of power (put them both on some subs using the same ohm loads and same electrical and open the babies up to see which one creates more power)

a test for stability (put the amps on small ohm loads and make them both play the same song or tone for a specific amount of time, whichever fries first loses)

and also if possible %THD ( play music or tones at high volumes and low ohm loads and see which one has less total harmonic distortion)

for a real conclusion u cant just hook the amps up to some subs and say whoever is louder wins.

I like it..............

How do you test for THD?

Basically I/We like to come up with a standard to measure it by. Lets use 10. Lets go for 10 criterias to test for. as well as 10 things that are to reamain the same. and 10 the big test 10 minutes of play time. Let me do some thinking on this and I'll post in a little bit.

i thought you guys where just going to mail the amps to king and let him video tape it? now everyone has to wait for a show?..lol this shit aint happening..and to start another thread just waisting more bandwidth..

its a new thing now mang

agreed, its gotta be done for everyday day conditions..daily beating.

well you donate the amp and im sure king can do this for you, otherwise its very stupid for you to expect this kind of test especially on a $900 sundown amp

is that why your pushing stetsom so hard because you sell them?..lol shit all makes sense now..lol ANYWAYS

you can also get a hifonics bxi 2607d for around $500 but does that make it a better buy then the $850 sundown3k amp? people just keep forgetting its not quantity but quality..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like it..............

How do you test for THD?

Basically I/We like to come up with a standard to measure it by. Lets use 10. Lets go for 10 criterias to test for. as well as 10 things that are to reamain the same. and 10 the big test 10 minutes of play time. Let me do some thinking on this and I'll post in a little bit.

lol i was hoping ud know

umm u could also test thermal dispersion. u could take a reading of the temperature after a certain amount of running time at a certain volume level. u know the drill

im still tryin to come up wit more

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I am just wondering why it is that everytime I see a sundown test someone starts talking about dropping the impedences to crazy low levels...Yes, we know sundowns can run @ .5 and lower, but most people would rather not run an impedence that low.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I like it..............

How do you test for THD?

http://www.ampslab.com/c200_3.htm

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

hey while yall are at it i would like to see some good solid numbers on the stetsom 7k as well if yall could arrange that.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

Archived