Sundown Audio

I have a few questions for Jacob about the 3000's. I was wondering how to get ahold of him? I am really interested in running a pair of them at 1ohm each and I was wondering if my upgrades will be enough?

My Plan:

Mechman 250amp Alt

4 Kinetik HC2400's or Powermaster D3100's (Still need to talk to Scottie)

2runs of Knu Konceptz 1/0 Power to the batts

2runs of Knu Konceptz 1/0 Ground to the batts

1/0 from batt to batt, then 1/0 from batts to each amp

Should I be tough enough to pound them daily at 1ohm or do I need more? Should I run them daisy chained and gain matched or strap them at 2ohm? Subs are 4 15" dual 1ohms.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

I have a few questions for Jacob about the 3000's. I was wondering how to get ahold of him? I am really interested in running a pair of them at 1ohm each and I was wondering if my upgrades will be enough?

My Plan:

Mechman 250amp Alt

4 Kinetik HC2400's or Powermaster D3100's (Still need to talk to Scottie)

2runs of Knu Konceptz 1/0 Power to the batts

2runs of Knu Konceptz 1/0 Ground to the batts

1/0 from batt to batt, then 1/0 from batts to each amp

Should I be tough enough to pound them daily at 1ohm or do I need more? Should I run them daisy chained and gain matched or strap them at 2ohm? Subs are 4 15" dual 1ohms.

Give Jacob time... he will answer.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

The alternator is a bit small, IMO, to run 6000 watts continuously.

It really depends on how you run your equipment - if you mainly listen to actual music that doesn't tend to approach 100% of the amplifier output potential then you will be fine with the 250-amp alternator. If you like to have the amps full blast at all times a 250-amp alternator won't cut it with 600 amps of current draw.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Well I'm definately not going to be playing Bass Mekanik full tilt for an entire cd or anything like that. I will more than likely turn the amps down for daily listening and then when I do bass race turn them up so, it won't be hard pounding all day. I will more than likely listen to music for 30 minutes tops at a time and not full tilt. If it comes down to it I may actually run one 3000 daily and 2 for bass race it just depends. I figured with 250 amps and a bank of 4 2400's I should be alright. Am I wrong? So I guess to answer you question in short I'm not going to drive them to their fullest hours on end.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

Well I'm definately not going to be playing Bass Mekanik full tilt for an entire cd or anything like that. I will more than likely turn the amps down for daily listening and then when I do bass race turn them up so, it won't be hard pounding all day. I will more than likely listen to music for 30 minutes tops at a time and not full tilt. If it comes down to it I may actually run one 3000 daily and 2 for bass race it just depends. I figured with 250 amps and a bank of 4 2400's I should be alright. Am I wrong? So I guess to answer you question in short I'm not going to drive them to their fullest hours on end.

Sounds like you will be just fine then :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Alright thanks. I wanted to make sure because I don't see spending $1800 in amps for them to fry. I am pretty experienced and I know your products are goot so I figured if I watched it and kept the gains down for daily I should be alright I just wanted to check. You guys are right Jacob is a good guy. Thanks

Alright thanks. I wanted to make sure because I don't see spending $1800 in amps for them to fry. I am pretty experienced and I know your products are goot so I figured if I watched it and kept the gains down for daily I should be alright I just wanted to check. You guys are right Jacob is a GREAT guy. Thanks