Guest MegaloManiac

If i get time guyz I'll make a tutorial on how to do it so we can have our OWN sticky about it  ;D

i'll probally take pics of my existing one and just post it, and maybe in the future i'll redo the big3 with in depth instructiosn

No worries Megalo, I been working on a Alternator Explanatory kinda thing (like my battery thread which is gone to hell somewhere to the bottom of the pages) so yea lol

that "batteries explained" thread was great, it shoulda been stickied!

anyway, a big 3 tutorial would be sweet. i know there have been a few threads about it.

maybe you guys can explain why the alternator bracket is the best ground? also, when doin the big 3, and your on the "engine to ground" part, would the "alternator bracket to chasis" be the same thing as "engine to chasis?" :-[

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Guest MegaloManiac

when mounting the alternator, they are usually always mounted to the engineblock/chasis. thats the only way the alts can be grounded. there is no "neg" post on them. the casing is the ground.

i'll try to post pics up this weekend to clear this up for you. :^

when mounting the alternator, they are usually always mounted to the engineblock/chasis. thats the only way the alts can be grounded. there is no "neg" post on them. the casing is the ground.

i'll try to post pics up this weekend to clear this up for you. :^

awsome bro thanks!  :^

i just wanted to explain my question better, i don't think it came out correctly. would it be okay to do the "engine to ground" on a different bolt on the engine(lets say where the air condition bracket meets the engine), other than the bolt where the alternator bracket meets the engine? or would you recommend grounding only to the alt bracket to engine bolt?

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

If you are looking for pics, then I have some i can dig up if need be.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...