Sundown Audio

19,000dollar amp

Guest beatitouttheframe

300 amps is easy to come by if you can get 15k in power. I'd find a way to feed it. My electrical system goes into shock when I try to go full tilt

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

300amps is nothing  and I highly doubt its constant, sure if your slamming it, but everyday listening levels I doubt its a constant 300 amps, still 300 amps is nothing compared to some other amps out there.

i'll find it the thread somewhere, i remeber it talkin about its a constant draw no matter how loud you listen, due to the amount of caps inside...

give me a bit

so what happens when all the caps are charged up? and it still draws  300 amps????  where is that power going to go?????

Guest MegaloManiac

ok i will retract my statement about the 300a constant draw. i have been reading a bit more on the RF forum. it says it draws max 350a.

but it still boggles my mind that it can burst 15k with only 350a of current, it seems Physics over me.

I understand RF is using hybrid technology inside. but the amount of caps(400farad each from what i read) inside, to keep them charged would require a lot of power a hella of a more than 350a. I realize its an efficient amp, but it almost seems "too-efficient" to the point where its producing more power than it takes in if u ask me.

i'd like some more input if i may ask.

btw i hope nobody gets mad(hint meade) for trying to figure this amp out. but its too fascinating not to ask questions about

Guest MegaloManiac

ok this makin a bit more sence now, fascinating

Direct quote from Anthony D'Amore (RF Design Engineer):

"The Hybrid Technology in the T15kW works like this:

When the bass line hits, that energy comes from the AMPLIFIER. At a more convenient time, like after the bass line, the energy can go from the vehicle, back to the amplifier. By doing this, we have a amplifier that can deliver MORE power than the vehicle can supply for periods of time. Since music is very dynamic in nature, having relatively loud and quiet periods, the T15kW can play music continuously in this manner. Putting capacitors inline with a traditional amplifier will not produce the same results."

btw i also posted this quote at CA.com to get some more input