• 3 months later...

There are plenty of chips on the market, the issue is that they are all geared towards Horsepower and the issue with HP is that it takes additional fuel to make. The only way to conserve fuel is to cut back the timing of the pump or cut back on HP, thus not needing as much fuel.

The problem with diesels is that typically no matter how you drive them, they typically always get about the same mileage. I've been after a way to conseve fuel on my truck as well. I'm tired of paying the current prices like many others and to be honest with you, the only item that I have found works is using the cruise control as often as possible. My truck has gone from 17.5 to 18.2 by just doing this...lol

I'll keep my eye open for you and see what I can find.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Hey Kev... service engine light is on, flashed it and said that i have a glow plug issue. is there a way to trouble shoot which 1 it is or do i just replace them all? BTW how the hell you doing anyways...

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

To be honest with you, without having a service manual for a duramax, i'm not sure if they will give you back a trouble code on which one is bad. When i've worked on fords in the past, the only way that I knew how to determine the bad one was by pulling them all out and inspecing them. Usually when one goes bad the others will follow soon, so I've always just replaced them all.

I'm doin good..same ole same ole. How you doin? did the doc finally release you to work?

To be honest with you, without having a service manual for a duramax, i'm not sure if they will give you back a trouble code on which one is bad. When i've worked on fords in the past, the only way that I knew how to determine the bad one was by pulling them all out and inspecing them. Usually when one goes bad the others will follow soon, so I've always just replaced them all.

I'm doin good..same ole same ole. How you doin? did the doc finally release you to work?

replaced them all FTW today, no more check engine light! im doing good, no complaints except the cost of fuel... havent been released to work yet but been back @ it for about a month now. i got restless so i had to do something.

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

• 2 months later...

sup kev.

just wondering.. do you think the flowmaster exhaust i put on there had something to do with the head gaskets leaking ?? my dad said something about backpressure and how the flowmaster messed it up...

btw this is on the 94' caddy with 76k on it.. thanks !~

Edited by Coolwazabi

• 8 months later...

Hey bro..no problem. This section isn't about "me" it's about us helping out our bruthas. Feel free to step in and help out.

You do bring up some very valid points on shifting and wastegating.

As far a the twins, I ran several different setups in both my personal 2000 Cummins and my race truck. For my personal truck I stuck with an HX55 and HX40 setup. On a normal day, punching the throttle would put out about 75lbs of boost. If I turned on the drugs, they'd get up to 102lbs. Took me about 2 1/2 years working with a group of turbo engineers to get it perfected.

not to get off topic... but what the fuck. over 100 lbs of boost http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

not to get off topic... but what the fuck. over 100 lbs of boost http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Keep in mind that stock diesels do any where from 24-32lbs of boost. Diesels put out much more boost than gassers. Anyone here that has a diesel and has modded the fuel system and exhaust it is easilly getting 35-50lbs

• 3 months later...

hey kev! so im about to replace the carrier bearing in the duramax again... i need to know if its worth having a one piece driveline built. im thinking chevy had to put that weak link in there for some reason. i still only pull my toy hauller with it, but i have added a little sand duning and muddin to the mix! any info would be great.

thanx, Jeff