What's The Highest Strand Count You Know Of

its the same size as 1/0 just more tiny strands, therefore still 1/0

I am just not liking how thin the insulation on this has to be in order to still be considered 1/0. I like the normal 1/0 wire with thick ass insulation around it.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

if you like thick ass insulation get monster brand lol

also the jacket on a audison wire is just as thick as that of a kicker wire or RF flex wire, so thats kinda out of the water

Can care less about strand count give me surface area measurments I know Moe strands more surface area but how much surface area do you gain have SMALLER wire with more strands?

That's what I like to know

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

if you like thick ass insulation get monster brand lol

also the jacket on a audison wire is just as thick as that of a kicker wire or RF flex wire, so thats kinda out of the water

I have never seen the audison wire, so i could be wrong, but I know the knukonceptz wire has insulation that is too thin for my liking. and I dont know how they could use insulation the same thickness on the audison as kicker, and RF wire yes still be the same size. if the wire inside is thicker (in total diameter), and the jacket is the same size then the wire would be bigger, thus making it bigger than 1/0.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Can care less about strand count give me surface area measurments I know Moe strands more surface area but how much surface area do you gain have SMALLER wire with more strands?

That's what I like to know

I like how you think,......this needs to go in depth.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

I have never seen the audison wire, so i could be wrong, but I know the knukonceptz wire has insulation that is too thin for my liking. and I dont know how they could use insulation the same thickness on the audison as kicker, and RF wire yes still be the same size. if the wire inside is thicker (in total diameter), and the jacket is the same size then the wire would be bigger, thus making it bigger than 1/0.

He means that the jacket is the same thickness and the overall bundle of little strands are the same but the little strands are smaller than Rf and Kicker strands that why it has 6700 compared to 4700-5200 the strands have to be smaller so that it can fit in a 1/0 jacket and truly be 1/0.....get it?

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

He means that the jacket is the same thickness and the overall bundle of little strands are the same but the little strands are smaller than Rf and Kicker strands that why it has 6700 compared to 4700-5200 the strands have to be smaller so that it can fit in a 1/0 jacket and truly be 1/0.....get it?

Ok, I understand now, but like I said I have never seen the audison wire. I doubt it is really worth the 15/foot it goes for. considering you can buy all the other wire for less than half the price. I am not the type of person to buy something just to say I have it. Has it been used in any tests to show what exactly you gain by running that wire?

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Archived