What's The Highest Strand Count You Know Of

When electricity flows through a wire, it mostly flows on the surface of the wire, not through the middle. This effect is more pronounced on high frequency AC than it is on DC or low frequency AC. This means that a "wire" of a given size that made up of many smaller strands can carry more power than a solid wire - simply because the stranded wire has more surface area. This is one reason why battery cables in your car and welding cables are made up of many very fine strands of smaller wire - it allows them to safely carry more power with less of that power being dissipated as heat.

This was taken from rowand.net

Here is the complete article...its a very good read BTW :)

click here

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I was wondering about actual numbers, like it has x ammount less resistance than such and such a brand, or can handle x ammount more current. I was just looking for some numbers...if they can even give those numbers.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

ray can u post a pic of that audison wire plz? i bet it looks sick

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Posted Image
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

is that ccl wire on the outside and ofc on the inside?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

cca...lol

Its silver plated copper on the outside and copper on the inside

Did I fail to mention it was 15.00 a foot??

cca..lol jeez

Almost time for me to leave this place.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

audison sonus 1/0awg 6700+ strands retails at 15.00 a foot

Most strands..i win

how do you like this wire Ray? is it superflexable like the Rf wire and the kicker wire?

that shit looks baddass

When electricity flows through a wire, it mostly flows on the surface of the wire, not through the middle. This effect is more pronounced on high frequency AC than it is on DC or low frequency AC. This means that a "wire" of a given size that made up of many smaller strands can carry more power than a solid wire - simply because the stranded wire has more surface area. This is one reason why battery cables in your car and welding cables are made up of many very fine strands of smaller wire - it allows them to safely carry more power with less of that power being dissipated as heat.

This was taken from rowand.net

Here is the complete article...its a very good read BTW :)

click here

That's why I asked if there was a way to measure surface area could care less about the count

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived