Second Skin Audio

2 Btl's Or 4 Mtx 9500's

Yo, what up guys..... Brand new to the forum but been lingering around for quite some time.

Anyway, thinking of getting rid of my 3 12'' 9500's that i have in my chevy avalanche and going with 2 18'' BTL's. But yesterday got offered a good deal an other 9500. So now thinking of just going with 4. I'm pushing them with 2 MTX8100 birthed at a little more 1900rms each. Gonna use the same amps if I do go with the BTLs.

What do you guys think?????? Just looking for loud A$$ music bumpin.

you could always go 4 15s but it would take up your whole bed idk if your willing to do that....i saw a pic of it somewhere but all i can find is a link on youtube....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, If you go with the BLs I want those 9500s.

I've been lookin crazy hard to find some that aren't mega expensive.

Are they the dual 4s? Please tell me they're dual 4s.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

he doesnt have to cut a hole though, its an Avalanche.....Free blowthru FTW :D

i would go with the BL suggestion if you dont plan on upgrading your power and the power that powers the power any time soon.....

the BL's will like that power much better....

ya i used to have a 15" mtx 9500 lov that sub great sub all day long.... but i resently just got a 18" FI BL....... and man its a bad ass woofer as well ......hard to tell but im pretty sure this BL slaps harder.... ok i take that back the 18 dose hit harder... its just hard for me cause the 15 use to slap too its just different notes i guess or idk but ya the 18's the way to go i have had 10's 12's 15's and this is my first 18" and its dope

i wish i could fit another one in my car

i think im just going to go with a 4th order bandpass blow threw into the cars cabin those sound real good

Archived