My Buddies Boosted Civic!

teamgatesbigc

VTEC (which stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is an electronic and mechanical system in some Honda engines that allows the engine to effectively have multiple camshafts. As the engine moves into different rpm ranges, the engine's computer can activate alternate lobes on the camshaft and change the cam's timing. In this way, the engine gets the best features of low-speed and high-speed camshafts in the same engine.

oh my bad you said the cordless phone at first nvm i thought the H at the end standed for some super secret term that added horsepower or something. i really cant see those putting down 400whp naturally aspirated plus the fact it would have like 0 torque.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some cars sound good with toda vtec killer cams and others dont.... me personally I love the sound of a 4g63 with 272s :) DSM powa!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

any proof of this 2 liter monster? first let me say I'm not saying what you are claiming is bullshit but how are you running 32psi with only 1000cc injectors? they must be maxed out like a mofo

that was on a T61 turbonetics turbo, kind of smallish compared to what the rest of the class runs,plenty of injector for that. usually its around 26lbs, due to traction problems with my setup. ive only been able to pull off a few full runs @ 32lbs all the way through

ill get some pics when i get my new camera :D

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

oh and just for shits and giggles, here are the nastiest cams ever made for a honda. they are such a pain in the ass to tune. essentially they are made to eliminate vtec because when vtec engages, it causes a dip in power which some people don't want.. but these are for making BIG power

sounds like a really big weed whacker motor to me.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

• 1 month later...

Pretty quick looking car...my question is why does everyone make a big deal about a honda getting better gas mileage. I can understand it with normal cars, but if you're building a turbocharged freeway racer who gives a shit about gas mileage? Is that just as a justification if you get walked on? Like a said, it looks like a quick little car, and I wouldn't mind having one to play around in, but im just wondering what the deal is with honda racers talking about MPG.

Because when you tell them for the same money on a 150HP car to get 300HP you could have taken a stock 300HP car to 450HP there is nothing else they can say.

I have a buddy that is building his Civic. He is bragging about how he is going to have 330HP with 13lbs of boost. My Camaro has 330HP with less than $200 in bolt ons. Sure, he might be able to take me in a race due to weight, but he also dropped about $4000 into it. That is the perfect example of why they always bring up MPG.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Because when you tell them for the same money on a 150HP car to get 300HP you could have taken a stock 300HP car to 450HP there is nothing else they can say.

I have a buddy that is building his Civic. He is bragging about how he is going to have 330HP with 13lbs of boost. My Camaro has 330HP with less than $200 in bolt ons. Sure, he might be able to take me in a race due to weight, but he also dropped about $4000 into it. That is the perfect example of why they always bring up MPG.

and how much did your camaro cost brand new compared to his civic?
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

and how much did your camaro cost brand new compared to his civic?

Neither was purchased brand new, so that does not even matter. I purchased my Camaro for about $1000 less than he got his Civic.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

because he can drive his car daily and save a ton of money on gas compared to you. My 5.9L jeep is putting down close to 350hp but I dont drive it around only on weekends and to the drag strip because im getting like 10mpg. He can daily drive his civic thats putting down equivalent power to your car and not worry about gas so he has the enjoyment of having a fast car whenever he wants.

because he can drive his car daily and save a ton of money on gas compared to you. My 5.9L jeep is putting down close to 350hp but I dont drive it around only on weekends and to the drag strip because im getting like 10mpg. He can daily drive his civic thats putting down equivalent power to your car and not worry about gas so he has the enjoyment of having a fast car whenever he wants.

I drive my Camaro daily. I guess I am not sure what your point was. :unknw:

Again, bringing up MPG in a discussion about HP is pretty much pointless.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Archived