200amp alternator limitations

how much max power can you run off of a 200amp alt? i heard that for every 1000watts of power it takes 70amps from the alt.... But with batteries, i believe you could run more than 2700watts off of a 200amp alt. So in summary how much? 5k, 7k, 10k? if anyone actually runs and has experience with a 200amp alt, what is the most power you ran off of it without dropping your voltage levels a ridiculous amount?

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Guest Nismofreak

With some good batteries you could run pretty much any thing...200amp alt, good batteries, big 3, and you should be fine.

With a 130amp alt and a yellow top...My voltage would drop into the low 12s with 2500rms.

With a 200amp alt you will be fine to run 2500rms for sure.

That's plenty of power and get an extra yellow top battery.

With some good batteries you could run pretty much any thing...200amp alt, good batteries, big 3, and you should be fine.

With a 130amp alt and a yellow top...My voltage would drop into the low 12s with 2500rms.

With a 200amp alt you will be fine to run 2500rms for sure.

That's plenty of power and get an extra yellow top battery.

Tell that to DMZ...For my next setup i'm putting in a few kinetiks.

2500 is the max watts you would run on a 200amp alt?

No. You can run more.

that's my question, i know you can run more than 2500watts, i'm tryin to figure out how much is the max?? anyone that currently has or has had a 200amp alt, i'm tryin to see how much they were able to run without major voltage drops...

that sucks about the cop givin you the ticket by the way...  i woulda been pissed! :angry03:

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

just dump some kinetik batts or some yellowtops in there and you will be perfectly fine with nearly 5000 watts probably(estimate) i mean a battery only draws ~10 amps of current to charge it from your alternator. so with enough power from the batteries you can run multiple amps and be perfectly fine. i have only one yellowtop and a 135 amp alt. right now under the hood in my civic with the BIG 3.. i ran 1000 watts with absolutely no dimming or any problems what so ever. i am investing in another battery (Kinetik HC800) and alot of 1/0 gauge to keep up with my other amp.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...