82 Cutlass Door Panels.

So I wasn't happy with my Kicker components or where my last door panel project was going. SO decided to start over.

I got some Rockfordfosgate Punch162s components today so I decided to start out by flushing the tweeters in the doors. I also picked up some 1/4th mdf for my base on my fiberglass pods for the 6 and a half.

Left door with tweeters flushed.

First time wrapping a door panel. creases up in the front by the tweeter because of the curve.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got the base's cut and the mounting rings cut tonight but no pics. I'll have them up tomorrow when I build the inserts and decide whether the crossover will be visible or hidden behind the door.

looks good dude.. i remember the last set you made i think.. where did you get the material?

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log

Ya I posted the last set I made over on FGF. I got the material from my local fabric store. Suede cloth, one side suede the other side a cotton composite, like 6 a yard or something like that.

I got the driver side 6.5 pod made and wrapped in cloth for fiberglass BUT I seem to have misplaced my MEKP hardener for it. =[ off to home depot.

Hmmm I like that 2x4 trick... so much so I think I have even used it in the past! :D Looking good man!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

So I got the second layer on the right panel, so all glassing is done.

I started body filling and then I come to find I only have one sheet of 36 left and nothing up untill 150 grit.

Back to home depot...again...

Hopefully the left door will be close to being done by tonight...and then the right door tomorrow before I go to work.

Pics later.

Archived